Stupid little things that bug you

Driving along the road and you come across a parked car on your side. The Highway Code and common sense tell you to give way to the car travelling towards you and stop to give way to them. But they decide to stop themselves and flash you through. Aftrr a few moments' hesitation you go forward in the knowledge that if you have a collision it's your fault. Out of politeness you have to acknowledge them stopping for you.

Later in the day you find yourself behind them in the Tesco queue doing the old 'oh do I have to pay? l will look for my money then'.

Driving along the road and you come across a parked car on your side. The Highway Code and common sense tell you to give way to the car travelling towards you and stop to give way to them. But they decide to stop themselves and flash you through. Aftrr a few moments' hesitation you go forward in the knowledge that if you have a collision it's your fault. Out of politeness you have to acknowledge them stopping for you.
It wouldn't be your fault. Once you've started your maneouver, then if the other vehicle starts theirs, and you cannot safely move to a position to let them past, they are then in the wrong.

Later in the day you find yourself behind them in the Tesco queue doing the old 'oh do I have to pay? l will look for my money then'.
As you mention the Highway Code, can you tell me where it mentions flashing headlights to indicate giving way?

Stupid pub orders in Coronation Street. Someone went up the bar recently and said "A bottle of beer please."

Has anyone ever said that? It's like going into a restaurant and saying "A plate of food please."

They also say "A bottle of lager, please". Or "A pint please, Jenny". A pint of what? And which lager? And don't most lager-drinkers buy a pint of draught lager?

And why does everyone drink out of the bottle? Is there a shortage of glasses?

I VERY occasionally see someone drinking out the bottle in a pub, but in Corrie every male person does it.

The phrase "your's to own" on an advert for something of low value e.g. a newly release film on DVD

You OWN a house, a car, a caravan etc. Not a small piece of consumer goods.

Stupid pub orders in Coronation Street. Someone went up the bar recently and said "A bottle of beer please."

Has anyone ever said that? It's like going into a restaurant and saying "A plate of food please."

They also say "A bottle of lager, please". Or "A pint please, Jenny". A pint of what? And which lager? And don't most lager-drinkers buy a pint of draught lager?

And why does everyone drink out of the bottle? Is there a shortage of glasses?

I VERY occasionally see someone drinking out the bottle in a pub, but in Corrie every male person does it.

People that watch Coronation Street. (sorry had to )

As you mention the Highway Code, can you tell me where it mentions flashing headlights to indicate giving way?
I know what youre getting at. But those who bug me in this instance think it is giving right of way..... l think. I don't like uncertainty pn tje road.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.