Oral hygiene

Sorry to disappoint but this thread is about cleaning your teeth :)

I'm 65 but still have all but one of my own teeth. I went to the dentist for a routine check up last summer and he said although my teeth were in good shape my gums weren't so if I didn't want them to fall out I needed to visit the hygienist.

I went to see the hygienist and she asked me what my cleaning routine was - it was this:

Brushing when I got up and brushing and flossing before I went to bed.

She said my gums were in poor condition due to poor removal of food from between my teeth so she gave me a new cleaning regime as follows:

A long brushing after meals and not before. She then checked what size of interdental brushes fitted between my teeth and we settled on large yellow and blue ones. These remove lots of food that brushing or flossing doesn't. I now do this several times a day as I now hate having anything stuck beteeen my teeth. The improvement has been remarkable and even after a month she said my gums were in good condition and six months on they are as good as they can be.

Do you use interdental brushes or if not what is your cleaning regime?

https://www.tocdental.com/images/products/standard/232.jpg
I'm surprised they didn't do a Periodontal clean of your gums and teeth.
I had it recently, 5 needles top and 5 bottom, it's a painful proceedure.
But it stops nasty gum disease's.

Not sure how small your teeth are but by just brushing from the bottom of your teeth.

Weirdo.

HOCza.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.