UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Q.C.'s have to accept any brief to appear before a Court in the speciality they practise. It's the ‘Cab-rank rule’, preference cannot decide which case a barrister takes. They cannot pick clients or choose to act for certain interest groups. He can't be regarded as the brexit lawyer or accused of acting for dodgy clients as the choice is not his. All that matters is whether he has the skills and special expertise to do the job and his history suggests he has.
Oh really. That’s an excellent fair way of doing it.

The American libertarian academic Noam Chomsky characterises 5 filters of the modern commercial media:
  1. Ownership
  2. Advertising
  3. Media elite
  4. Flak
  5. The common enemy
Coverage of City fits this pattern - particularly the flak and common enemy. For flak see the usual suspects all lining up to pen articles criticising the gullible Manchester City fan taken in by their billionaire owner.

https://prruk.org/noam-chomsky-the-five-filters-of-the-mass-media-machine/

Twice now you've mentioned his mental health in this way. Even for someone like Harris, you're bang out of order to be doing that

I know you're flavor of the month at the minute which you must be really enjoying but not everyone has forgotten your stance on our ownership and hierarchy for much of the past decade

No doubt for the same underlying reason Rob Harris and David Conn take exception

Just thought I’d say he’s probably “flavour of the month” because of his balanced research and analysis from many years back when nobody but him and a few others cared to use critical thinking on City’s FFP case.

This is a very well observed post. Widely reporting on a subject carries responsibilities to those who you seek to inform. It’s a genuinely scared duty that too many ignore or conveniently forget.

You might like Robert Fisk. He’s spoken on that subject a few times.

I'm described as a "self-styled expert" in none other than the Financial Times this morning. You definitely get a better class of insult in the FT.

Right, time to be honest, did someone text you to say you were in it or...………………………….. did you buy it like you do everyday.

We need to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.