Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

Comfortably the better side yet they remained in it until the end and that’s despite us getting some very favourable VAR decisions.

Liverpool were equally as dominant when they played Leicester away but they made the result show that too and that’s been our main issue throughout the season and the reason we’re looking behind us not above.

Laporte was dreadful, mendy was covering his arse throughout. if it was nothing more than rustiness then I take back what I said about him not needing to play him today. Mendy and walker were both superb. too much emphasis on Kdb to be the creator today whether that was him trying too hard or tactical I don’t know but we don’t need to play everything through him when we’ve got players like Bernardo and mahrez on the pitch too. Pleased for Jesus he needed that goal.

Very weird Pep didn’t use all 3 subs with Madrid on the horizon. 17 point gap between us and 5th now which is our sole aim in the league, every other competition should be getting priority now.

Jesus although isn’t a good as finisher as kun he gets into better positions and presses better , we always look like scoring when he’s on pitch , if he was a better finisher he would be world class , movement and pressing is there but he was born offside and normally needs loads of chances

I still think he has it in him to be world class.
Seems to try too hard at times and whether it’s a confidence thing or what, I don’t know, but he can over complicate things in his own head.

However he can learn so much under Pep and he has shown in the past that he can score off either foot. He just needs to trust in himself. Best I’ve seen of him is when he takes it early on whichever foot it comes naturally to, rather than slowing the attack by cutting back.

Like the one he put away today.

I really do still think he has it in him. Has very good control and two good feet.

Re the pen decisions, I think they got both right.
Kevs hands are in front of his face ( in line with his body), if they weren't there it would have hit his body.
Praetts arms were high and away from his body not in line with his silhouette. Even spitter was adamant it was a pen.
Didn't matter any way we missed it.
By far the better side deserved win.
18 shots, 7 on target, 68% posession.

improved throughout the game and after a couple of early slips in giving the ball away in stupid positions we got control of the game.

KDB, Bernardo Walker, Ferna and Rodri (after the first 10 minutes) all played well.

Jesus took his goal well - it seems that when he doesnt have time to think he finishes; given that bit of extra time he over thinks it.

Mahrez grew into the game but still feel he needs to grab hold of games more.

Penalties!!!!!! - for me if it has to be an outfield player Im not sure why KDB doesnt take them - other than that, fuck respecting the opposition and if Ederson is really the best penalty taker let him do it....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.