#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In tonight's little conversation who has said he has to go out on loan?

He needs more minutes is what is being said and he needs more minutes playing for us not on loan.

Ideally he would but at this point it's better to have minutes else where than no minutes here.

Angelino is borderline useless in the back 4 we play. Leipzig plays with a back 5 atm which suits him well as he's great offensively and can whip a cross. But he really can't defend. He's suffering from the Marcos Alonso syndrome

Agreed the way Leipzig set up suits him down to the ground. Had a cracking game vs Spurs but they bossed the game and he didn't really need to defend at all bar the last 20.

Angelino is borderline useless in the back 4 we play. Leipzig plays with a back 5 atm which suits him well as he's great offensively and can whip a cross. But he really can't defend. He's suffering from the Marcos Alonso syndrome

Not really relevant to the point he was making.

Angelino left because he wasn't getting game time - because he's backed himself, he's gone from a failed transfer, to a star player for a German side gunning for the title against Bayern.

The whole point is, Foden could equally do this - he'll have a line of top clubs waiting to snap him up and offer him a starting role, but instead, he can't get off the bench for us, despite being lauded the most talented player Pep has seen.

There's only so long that Foden will look at these other players that have left us to go on to better themselves and reflect on his own situation. If it continues, he'll leave us, as he's at the stage of his career where he can't faff around with cup cameos now. He needs to play.

For what?

Second place?

Gundogen is not a number 8 so today could have been the day Foden started.

So this competition is B Silva, D Silva and Gundogen.

It isn't a convincing argument really is it?

Oh and the same applies for Garcia as well, the league is done, play them and learn if they are actually going to save us 180m pounds in the summer transfer window.
You can't say to decorated, senior players that they're not going to play because we want to play some kids.

Foden and Garcia have played and will play because they've earned their spot. Kaldhoon said as much a year ago.

I'm happy to see either start, or come off the bench but neither have done enough for me to be upset when they don't start.

A few times I've thought we could have used Foden to change the game. I probably would have put him on today. But it's no big deal, certainly not worth the drama every time he doesn't play.

This is what i mean,he is not going to leave go on loan,it's nonsense,he will go nowhere till he sees if what pep says is true,as for the cup final,he has played in it so as with juliet i think he will play
Well it's pretty clear that Pep despite him being the greatest manager in the PL is telling a few porkie pies. He doesn't rate Foden and doesn't trust him. He is getting hardly any playing time. And you could argue that because of this his value to the club if we were to sell him is actually not as much as it should be. Sancho is worth much more than Foden currently simply because he is playing.

I've have read/seen everything he has said since last may,i posted it a few pages back,honestly he knows what he is doing and banging in a transfer request is not it
No ones said anything about a transfer request, but a loan request. Let’s see how the summer plays out but I wouldn’t be surprised if pep brings in someone.

You can't say to decorated, senior players that they're not going to play because we want to play some kids.

Foden and Garcia have played and will play because they've earned their spot. Kaldhoon said as much a year ago.

I'm happy to see either start, or come off the bench but neither have done enough for me to be upset when they don't start.

A few times I've thought we could have used Foden to change the game. I probably would have put him on today. But it's no big deal, certainly not worth the drama every time he doesn't play.
I said In the match thread. Bernardo should be no1 for the spot next to kev (Silva’s spot). I’d start him over foden every time. However I would have foden in there before gundogan. When Silva leaves I would have Bernardo and foden 1&2.

Well it's pretty clear that Pep despite him being the greatest manager in the PL is telling a few porkie pies. He doesn't rate Foden and doesn't trust him. He is getting hardly any playing time.

You can rate someone as a great talent before you think they're ready to play week in week out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.