#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said In the match thread. Bernardo should be no1 for the spot next to kev (Silva’s spot). I’d start him over foden every time. However I would have foden in there before gundogan. When Silva leaves I would have Bernardo and foden 1&2.
Foden and Gundogan are such different players I can't see how it comes down to a choice of one or the other.

Well it's pretty clear that Pep despite him being the greatest manager in the PL is telling a few porkie pies. He doesn't rate Foden and doesn't trust him. He is getting hardly any playing time. And you could argue that because of this his value to the club if we were to sell him is actually not as much as it should be. Sancho is worth much more than Foden currently simply because he is playing.
Nonsense mate. Fodens year is next year and he knows it as does Pep. David Silva is leaving.l

You can't say to decorated, senior players that they're not going to play because we want to play some kids.

Foden and Garcia have played and will play because they've earned their spot. Kaldhoon said as much a year ago.

I'm happy to see either start, or come off the bench but neither have done enough for me to be upset when they don't start.

A few times I've thought we could have used Foden to change the game. I probably would have put him on today. But it's no big deal, certainly not worth the drama every time he doesn't play.

I would play him in the 8 over Gundogen every single time, it isn't his position but it is Foden's.

David is at the end of his career and as sad as that is, he should be fazed out of certain games or like the last time when he was left on pointlessly and got injured with the game won v WHU, it is becoming ridiculous and it starts to look like he doesn't want to bow down to the pressure to give him some game time (not saying that is what it is) we need to know before the next sesaon which is now going to be huge and what then? He can't risk him because we need to win back the league or he goes off and buys another teams promising young player who has come good becuase he actually plays a game once a week?

Again the same for Garcia, I don't care that this lad is 18yo, he has it all and hasn't put a foot wrong when played. Otamendi is still a wild card, can play well and then awful, Stones the same but add injury prone on the list, Fernie isn't really a CB and is probably still ahead of Rodri for the DCM slot but I think once it was obvious Garcia wasn't a rabbit in the headlights he should have been given a lot more games than he has been.

I fear we will be off to the shops in the summer and buy at least 2 CB's and that will fuck Garcia over like Foden now but he isn't a City fan and other clubs will come sniffing and we will lose him.

Second place is really in the bag after today, it would be just dumb not to give them the time they need for everybody to see if they have a real future in the first team here.

You can rate someone as a great talent before you think they're ready to play week in week out.
That is fine but how do they become ready to play week in week out?

I can tell you it isn't by sitting watching from the bench.

You can rate someone as a great talent before you think they're ready to play week in week out.
Or even get 30mins off the bench? Instead of five minutes at the end of a dead game once every 4 or 5 games? Hardly week in week out. Pointless him being here this season everyone knows that.

And if you've read and seen everything said, he's consistently mentioned he'd like to play more. It's not about handing a transfer request but going out and getting some valuable minutes. The pathway of development is well laid out and it centers around playing minutes. If he isn't, he's really not developing.
Wasn't it you who said he should put in a transfer request? i've been away from the thread for a while,every player wants to play more,except some of the wasters we've had back in the day

In tonight's little conversation who has said he has to go out on loan?

He needs more minutes is what is being said and he needs more minutes playing for us not on loan.
Lazy bugger

Other then maybe the cup I don’t see him starting any games. Needs a loan and to not just be sitting on the bench

wasting his talents with us right now

I'm pretty much hoping that he gets a loan next season and the new manager then gives him a chance. But that won't happen because David's leaving and Phil will have to keep the bench warm while we see if his £60m replacement performs.

Seriously baffling decision not to let him go out on loan in January if Pep didn't plan on playing him. There's no defending his lack of game time anymore (nor was there from the beginning of this season).

It's all well and good saying he's better staying at the club and learning, but he's been doing that for almost 3 seasons now. It means fuck all if all he gets is 5 minute cameos (which Pep couldn't even bother giving him tonight, instead deciding on only using 2 subs) and games against league 2 sides.

He'll be kicking off this summer and rightly so. Shit or get off the pot time. The club seemingly never learns from it's mistakes.

Clearly he is going to get very few minutes in the PL the rest of this season. Doubt he will get any time in the Cup final. Peehaps he should force the issue and put in a transfer request.

And if you've read and seen everything said, he's consistently mentioned he'd like to play more. It's not about handing a transfer request but going out and getting some valuable minutes. The pathway of development is well laid out and it centers around playing minutes. If he isn't, he's really not developing.

Ideally he would but at this point it's better to have minutes else where than no minutes here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.