Leicester v Man City - VAR (David Coote)

Isn't there something about it not being handball if the ball deflects off another player who is very close, because the ball hits Laporte first and diverts the ball towards Kev. It probably would have still hit Kev's hands though without the deflection.

There is indeed - a close range ricochet doesn't count. It's in the ... part!

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:
•directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
•directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close

I didn't think it hit anyone else though.

There is indeed - a close range ricochet doesn't count. It's in the ... part!

Except for the above offences, it is not usually an offence if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm:
•directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
•directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close

I didn't think it hit anyone else though.
It does. The ball hits Laporte's hip/waist either just before or at the same time.

I’d like to quote a well known knight in Kev’s defence who claimed once that if the ball hit in the head it could have killed him So definitely not handball Kev was saving his life

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.