Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

KDB is an enigma. Have thought about his performances a great deal this season which have ranged from very good to poor. He is the kind of player, that irrespective of how badly he plays will always do something jaw dropingly brilliant at least once per game. In many of his games for us this year though the three or four great things have 'outshone' his ball retention, running down blind alleys, taking the wrong option etc etc. He is a high risk player as he will always try the first time ball and as a consequence loses it a far higher percentage of times than our other midfielders. I do feel he has been several notches below his best this season and yesterday thought he was poor for much of the game.

Wish we could have wheeled franny lee out to take our pens.
:-)
Mark Ward..no need to go baaach so far in time....he scored one at Anfield,equaliser (?) in 2-2 draw,which he hit so fucking hard, if grobelar had got nearer to it would have taken his face off.Folk forget what a brilliant penalty taker Mark Ward was.He used to smash the ball with his right foot straight as an arrow low- med height ,no keeper could get near it in time.

Down the middle pens are fine as long as you get a bit of height. As the keeper nearly always dives one way or the other it would be impossible to save one of these

Think of it as like when a centre back going for the ball mistimes it heads the attackers head, it’s unintentional and not a foul. This case Ederson mistimes it just the same but he’s going with his hand not his head. On the other hand thought KDB was a a handball and penalty, even though its probably instinctive.

Re KDB, I didn’t at first but the more replays I saw the more I thought it was.

He was shite, constantly giving balls away, soft in the challeneh
The reason why he gave the ball away on the odd occasion was because he is the player who tries to make the difficult passes that open up defences. Most of the time he gets it right but last night no so. To say he was shite is just stupid.

In KdB's defence he isn't making himself bigger and the ball would have hit him in the face - ie he didn't use his hands to prevent a goal. The Leicester lad did make himself bigger. Having said that, when we were given the pen I turned to my son and said, "That's torn it - we might have scored from the corner!"

Let Eddie take pens. Pack our goal line with defenders so if he misses and they break away,they will have a difficult time scoring and Eddie will be back in goal in no time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.