Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some games he looks like a Rolls Royce and other games like he's a Lada towing a caravan.

He's adapting but we're finding it difficult to find that right balance in midfield with him in there. Still think the answer is Bernardo and KDB with Rodri sat behind but Pep seems reluctant

Rodri and Gundogan should simply not start in midfield together in my opinion. No pace with either and poor work rate with Gundogan. Playing David with them both as pep has done on occasions this season is just disastrous

Rodri and Gundogan should simply not start in midfield together in my opinion. No pace with either and poor work rate with Gundogan. Playing David with them both as pep has done on occasions this season is just disastrous

Thought gundogan had a decent game yesterday. Nipped in and won the ball back high up the pitch a lot whilst helping out at the back. Worst thing he did was giving away the free kick on the edge of our area.

I agree they shouldn't play together due to the mobility and pace issues though. Without dinho in the middle anymore I think it should be one or the other in the 6, kdb and one of foden or Bernardo as the two 8s. If pep wants to play with the double pivot use Bernardo as the second, he's shown he can play the deeper role a few times.

I think rodri has shown enough signs to warrant the benefit of the doubt that he'll be much better next season when he's settled.

Some games he looks like a Rolls Royce and other games like he's a Lada towing a caravan.

He's adapting but we're finding it difficult to find that right balance in midfield with him in there. Still think the answer is Bernardo and KDB with Rodri sat behind but Pep seems reluctant

this is ideall....but he insist with gundo.....i reckon gundo will start again vs real

Seen nothing since he arrived to suggest he's good enough for City. Slow and easily got at. And before anyone starts I'm not being negative just for the sake of it. No amount of settling in will change his lack of pace and in his position you need it. Before all this stats nonsense you let your eyes tell you how a player performed. 2 yard passes backwards or sideways no matter how many you manage in a single game just don't cut it.

Seen nothing since he arrived to suggest he's good enough for City. Slow and easily got at. And before anyone starts I'm not being negative just for the sake of it. No amount of settling in will change his lack of pace and in his position you need it. Before all this stats nonsense you let your eyes tell you how a player performed. 2 yard passes backwards or sideways no matter how many you manage in a single game just don't cut it.

yep,he’s not mobile or fast enough to excel in his position in this league.

Rodi hasn't been helped with the positioning of Mendy at LB. I'm not having a go at Mendy, but more how we're setting up differently. In the past 2 seasons Delph/Zinchenko were more inverted while you had an ideal wide player like Sane hugging the touch line to create width. Now Mendy has to go high and wide like a wingback to create the width. This leaves more space for counter attacking positions when the ball is lost which Rodri can't cover. Prior in the past 2 seasons the counter attacking space more wide left, now it can be more central with Mendy hugging the touchline. This to me is what Pep needs to fix. Rodri hasn't been great on the ball the last 2 games, but he still is a good player. Perhaps he's trying too hard to retain it and the way Leicester counter attacked made him a bit weary. Needs to improve in that though.

Rodi hasn't been helped with the positioning of Mendy at LB. I'm not having a go at Mendy, but more how we're setting up differently. In the past 2 seasons Delph/Zinchenko were more inverted while you had an ideal wide player like Sane hugging the touch line to create width. Now Mendy has to go high and wide like a wingback to create the width. This leaves more space for counter attacking positions when the ball is lost which Rodri can't cover. Prior in the past 2 seasons the counter attacking space more wide left, now it can be more central with Mendy hugging the touchline. This to me is what Pep needs to fix. Rodri hasn't been great on the ball the last 2 games, but he still is a good player. Perhaps he's trying too hard to retain it and the way Leicester counter attacked made him a bit weary. Needs to improve in that though.
Mendys biggest strenghs are going high up the wing and playing like a wing back he cant do the zinchenko/ delph role very well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.