Leicester City (A) - Post-Match Thread

Think of it as like when a centre back going for the ball mistimes it heads the attackers head, it’s unintentional and not a foul. This case Ederson mistimes it just the same but he’s going with his hand not his head. On the other hand thought KDB was a a handball and penalty, even though its probably instinctive.
Eddie didn’t mistime it though.
He punched the ball.
On the follow through their heads clashed.
Unfortunate accident but a 50/50 ball they both went for. Eddie got there first.

Eddie wiped him out. If it had been the hobbit clattering Sergio like that I would have expected a penalty for us to miss.
And Nacho wiped Eddie out.

Why is Eddie at fault, even though he got to the ball first, but Nacho is not at fault, even though he was second to the ball?

If I had been VAR I would have given both the KDB and the Ian Nacho incidents as penners. Soz.
How can you give a clash of heads in a 50/50 challenge that he won as a penalty?
You might as well say it was a free out.

Anyway they got it wrong by giving a corner. It should have been a kick out.

Much better second half i thought but then the tactical change made everyone better second half.

I dont hate him but i just dont get him either when we have a talent like Foden sat on the bench.
Been our problem all season, in top 6 games & in Europe Pep likes Gundo before Dave, Phil & Berny in that 8 role

I think he plays better as more of HM or 6

Phil has no chance with him around & Dave but I guess next season has to be his chance otherwise I would be asking big questions

Gundo like you say wasnt great but neither was Aguero who was our worst player yesterday imo

Gabby to be honest can play outside on either flank his work rate is fantastic & major reason I would stick with him but definitely not as No 9 we need to replace Aguero with 1 of Martinez or Haland the later imo he is built for the prem & huge star

Mendy the jury is still out for me, yes better but I still dont get some of his passing & definitely not our best defender but I will leave maximum judgement end of May

No surprise we have clean sheets with Laporte back wow he has been f in missed what a player, the Real game probably 3 weeks to soon but he is back

Mahrez once again showing he is 1st pick on the right & Kev imo deserves LPOY that I'm sure will go to Mane or Henderson

Very lucky yesterday, 2 VAR decisions going our way only taken 7 months

If Micah said it was a penalty on KDB that's a very strange thing. Very strange. Anybody can look at my posts and see that I bend over backwards to be fair to the opposition (unless it's Liverpool or the rags, and they can just fuck off…Any unfairness to them is fair payback for decades of arrogance). I'm fair to the point where I get shit about it from people on here, sometimes.
It's strange because, in January 2012, in the return League Cup tie at Anfield, a Liverpool player smashed a ball at him from a few yards away, he put his hands up in front of his face, and a penalty was given, I think by Mike Dean, if I remember correctly. The penalty was duly scored and Liverpool went on to win the tie over the two legs. Yes, it is true that the ball ricocheted off his foot up to his hands, but that's not the point. He said in the after match interview — and I quote — “What was I supposed to do?” Clearly meaning, what was I supposed to do if not protect my face. I remember it as it was yesterday (and I'm still pissed off about it, because I have a long, merciless memory).
Reestablishing the balance, I haven't seen the incident in which Ed goes for the ball and cleans out Kelechi, but some commentators felt we were very lucky indeed not to have Ed sent off. I can't comment on it, for obvious reasons, but it does sound as if we dodged a bullet there.

Look, we won the match, we take the three points, it's nice, we move on. We've got far bigger fish to fry in the next six days.
By the way, @ancoats, what's happened to your trademark double question mark (even when no discernible question is being asked)? I'm missing it.

hahaha ?? i do have to question myself in what am writing thats why its a double hahaha

Seems to be an awful lot of fuss about whether KDB committed a handball offence. I think it can be described as debatable as opposed to clear cut one way of the other and therefore VAR certainly should not have overruled the ref.

My own view is if KDB could have stopped it with his head and ended up handling because he was protecting his face, it's not an offence because, ultimately, no advantage has been gained by City; other than protecting Kev's schnoz.
Pity thems not the rules...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.