UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you’re defending the fatwa in 2020.
Far from it. What I will point out is your myopia when it comes to the 21st and 20th century in the Middle East. This region has suffered countless wars with the death and disfigurement of millions of innocent men, women and children. An author comes out with a defamatory title for a book the Muslim world holds dear, has to go into hiding and is still alive today and he's the one who has suffered? Maybe in your world but not mine.

PS. Funnily enough, as of today, there's a certain club that has owners from that region, and this may be real or perceived, but there's a racist undertone to the media smear campaign that characterises their "news". Same shit, different day.

Far from it. What I will point out is your myopia when it comes to the 21st and 20th century in the Middle East. This region has suffered countless wars with the death and disfigurement of millions of innocent men, women and children. An author comes out with a defamatory title for a book the Muslim world holds dear, has to go into hiding and is still alive today and he's the one who has suffered? Maybe in your world but not mine.

PS. Funnily enough, as of today, there's a certain club that has owners from that region, and this may be real or perceived, but there's a racist undertone to the media smear campaign that characterises their "news". Same shit, different day.

Maybe take the 1st paragraph to off-topic.

Agreed with the 2nd point, there's an anti-Arab theme in the media with the use of terms like 'Oil Money'.

1) None of that justifies a death sentence for a writer who wrote words that may offend some.

2) My myopia? What the fuck are you on about? You’ve taken issue because I called out the religiously motivated death sentence that you agreed with.

3) Rushdie didn’t make anyone suffer and whatever the Middle East has gone through is totally irrelevant so take your strawmen elsewhere.

4) You’d look a lot less silly to many when lecturing me about the Middle East if you realised that, unlike you, I live there.

5) I’m not sure why you’re trying to make extraneous points and conflate different things, the only thing I’m discussing with you is the fact you believe that a death sentence should be handed down to someone because what they wrote offended someone. Own it.

So what if an author defamed a book wether it was a book Muslims, Jews, Christians, Mormons, Devil Worshipers or any of these myth believers hold dear, the more religion is ridiculed, debunked and shown up for the hypocrisy and utter nonsense it is the better

So what if an author defamed a book wether it was a book Muslims, Jews, Christians, Mormons, Devil Worshipers or any of these myth believers hold dear, the more religion is ridiculed, debunked and shown up for the hypocrisy and utter nonsense it is the better
Probably best not to stray further from God's light off-topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.