Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
I remember watching Franny Lee take a spot kick once. He put the ball on the spot and while still bent over he just flicked out a foot and toe poked it into the net.

Kevin De Bruyne on #ManCity penalty takers: “I don't really care. I think it's important for strikers to have them - it helps their goals tally. It doesn't affect me but if they want me to step up, I will. That's something for the technical staff to decide.”

“I think there have been periods where we scored a lot of penalties. It happens. We want to put them in, but it's a period where we're missing a few. It can happen to everybody, so it's stupid to blame them."

Pep Guardiola on #ManCity penalty takers: “[De Bruyne] is one option, but they decide. I like it when players show initiative. We didn't score against Spurs in the CL, this season against Spurs we miss a penalty; in these games it's a big difference...”

Pep Guardiola: “I like the mentality, I like Sergio taking the ball and wanting to take it. Practice, be positive, one idea, shoot and score a goal.”

Sergio Aguero immediately told friends after the win at Leicester that he has no intention of relinquishing penalty duties and remains confident that he will score his next opportunity. [via @jonnysmiffy]

Clean striker of the ball and accurate. You answered your own question.
I partly answered it. I think there’s more to being a consistently good penalty taker than that. Such as the ability to read which way the keeper is likely to go, the ability to disguise which way you will place the penalty. The ability to vary your penalties. If he doesn’t have the full range of skills that make a consistently good penalty taker then he’ll be found it. That said, he might not be a bad short term option simply because we’re running out of options.

I partly answered it. I think there’s more to being a consistently good penalty taker than that. Such as the ability to read which way the keeper is likely to go, the ability to disguise which way you will place the penalty. The ability to vary your penalties. If he doesn’t have the full range of skills that make a consistently good penalty taker then he’ll be found it. That said, he might not be a bad short term option simply because we’re running out of options.

Stick it in the top corner and none of that stuff you mentioend matters

The penalties we have missed have been awful generally. I am surprised De Bruyne doesn't step up but Aguero and Jesus will continue to sant to take them as long as they are on the pitch. Aguero's was poor on Saturday and Jesus' never seem particularly good. Gundogan missed one but is usually good. De Bruyne should just brush them aside and take the ball and take the penalties.

If he is on the pitch he should be taking them.

the lack of confidence from the spot and tactic is unreal. How can we be tactical geniuses but not be able to get it right from the spot !

If you watch the pens we have missed they are all completely hit badly. As in Leicester with aguero, he decides to go down the middle, you need to get more lift and power. Knee height and not hard enough is guaranteed failure. If you are going for the corner, get it in the corner, not just slightly to the side. Give up really, couldn't be more obvious and no excuses. Every time you see a pen taken it looks as though they forgot to discuss the last one that was messed up !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.