-------KDB----------Silva---------
Mahrez-----Aguero---Bernardo

What I would like to see:

------------Ederson---------------
--Nico------Dinho-----Laporte-
Walker--------------------Mendy
---------Rodri----KDB----------
Mahrez-----Sergio------Jesus--

Surprised to see they lost to Levante at the weekend. I think we're going to go there and nick a 1-2 win. Always tough to guess how Pep wants to line up, but I'd go:

Ederson, Walker, Fernandinho, Laporte, Mendy, Rodri, De Bruyne, Silva, Mahrez, Aguero, Bernardo
Bench: Bravo, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Gundogan, Foden, Jesus

Sterling for one of the CBs if he's fit. Also wouldn't be shocked if he picked Jesus over Bernardo, but it's just so bloody tough to guess with him.
That would be something else if Sterling started at CB.

Just hope Pep doesn't go there with a defensive mindset. The reason we went out against Liverpool was, aside from poor decisions, because we didn't score not because we shipped 3. Valencia lost 4-1 away but statistically based on results in previous CL seasons, they are more likely to go through than Spurs who lost narrowly at home. The away goal is vital.

Go and get beat 3-1 and at least you have an achievable scoreline at home. Even if you concede one in the return you are in the game. Similarly at Spurs last season we should have gone for broke as that away goal is vital.

We should go and attack.

Like many, I hope pep doesn't out-think himself and go with something alien. I wouldnt be surprised to see the same formation as we used away at the rags. He's had some great results against Real playing the false 9. Admittedly, that false 9 was messi but still..

A lot depends on sterlings availability. Any word on his fitness?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.