#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
20 goals, 6 assists so far this season.

Going through a rough patch at the moment but he's had another excellent season.

I was talking calendar year (2020) though he was poor in December too. I would leave him out against Madrid because if his very poor form carries on against his so called suitors it could sap his confidence even more.

It shouldn't be a problem for anyone! He says he's happy at City but is obviously intrigued by the idea of someday playing for Real Madrid. Who wouldn't be? It's fine to be ambitious.
"who wouldnt be" pretty small time that. If City wants to be the best (and the owners want) then our players shouldnt be ideally saying comments like that.

Big significant problem City has is that the club has made Pep bigger than the club, which means we have been reliant on Pep to attract top quality. Thats a big problem and thats the concern I always had with Peps appointment regardless of him being absolutely top draw coach. (rather than build our own identity where players want to join because of the club rather than coach) Our identity is basically Pep.

The likes of Sane, Jesus, Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo would not be here without Pep for example.

Will be interesting to see how ADUG solve this.

Last edited:
Big significant problem City has is that the club has made Pep bigger than the club, which means we have been reliant on Pep to attract top quality. Thats a big problem and thats the concern I always had with Peps appointment regardless of him being absolutely top draw coach.

The likes of Sane, Jesus, Laporte, Mendy, Bernardo would not be here without Pep for example.

This is an absolutely absurd exaggeration that's started in the press because they're desperate for the club's prosperity to end, but it's tragic that some fans have believed it.

When Pep leaves, we will still be the best club in England over the last decade, the only guaranteed CL qualifier who are nailed on to challenge for trophies and pay extremely well.

Silva, Yaya, Sterling, KDB, Fernandinho, Aguero....all players who were brought in before Pep. Laporte, Mendy and Bernardo would all be here without Pep.

Have Bayern struggled to sign people without Pep? Have Barcelona? No.

Players care about 3 things. Playing, trophies and money. Tick all 3 boxes and you get them, all Pep does is make people assume there'll be trophies and make them a fraction more lenient on playing guarantees.

"who wouldnt be" pretty small time that. If City wants to be the best (and the owners want) then our players shouldnt be ideally saying comments like that.

Big significant problem City has is that the club has made Pep bigger than the club, which means we have been reliant on Pep to attract top quality. Thats a big problem and thats the concern I always had with Peps appointment regardless of him being absolutely top draw coach. (rather than build our own identity where players want to join because of the club rather than coach) Our identity is basically Pep.

It appears that some posters seem happy to lap up all the shit that our media use against the club.

We are up against the cartel clubs and they are concerned about us, hence all the bad publicity .

"who wouldnt be" pretty small time that. If City wants to be the best (and the owners want) then our players shouldnt be ideally saying comments like that
It’s small time to say that Real Madrid are still a bigger draw in world football than we are? I’m not even belittling our accomplishments but they just won three Champion’s Leagues on the bounce and play in the Bernabeu! Listen to the way pretty much any professional speaks about the chance of playing for them (and Barca). Obviously us getting to that level is the ambition but come on.

I have a feeling Sterling will return like his form never dipped. He really needed some time off to get back to basics and recover both physically and mentally. At the end before the injury you could see that he was really burnt out

Rags were much bigger than us when Madrid was picking their best players at will. Madrid and Barcelona are another universe to all other clubs, they are the pinnacle of each kid's football wishes. And tbh, I'd rather work as plumber in Barcelona, than in Manchester or Sarajevo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.