Lord Steel aware Cyril Smith was abusing boys

But the adults didn't do anything or say anything, that is what amazes me. I have asked my Mum why and all she can say is you just didn't. It is being made out that Cyril Smith was a cover up but it wasn't, it was just ignored as though it was just not talked about. Don't forget there was an actual campaign by paedophiles to lower the legal age of sexual intercourse, I am sure they even had Labour backing (tried to google it but don't have enough info) I was born in 58 so lived through that period and you just learnt who to stay away from.

That was the way wasn't it? Everybody knew that say Uncle Ernie was a wrong 'un so what they did was try to make sure none of his nieces were ever alone with him in his shed - fucking barmy. They would rather run the risk of a kid being molested than bring "shame" on the family with a criminal case.

I worked for Rochdale for sixty years at the chalk face, but the bastards only paid for 42. As a probationer attending my first union meeting I got a lift off Cyril - thankfully there were other folk in the car at the same time! I also gained my first promotion and have often wondered in the past decades how I managed it. No hanky panky on my part, I should add! As for Rochdale Education Committee at the time I joined the show - '68 - was regarded as quite forward-thinking with good people in the right jobs. We were one of the few local authorities who chose to reorganise a Junior High School secondary sector into middle schools and upper schools. I think it worked extremely well. And then we got shunted into RMBC with Middleton, Heywood, Milnrow, and the current jewel in the crown - Littleborough! Then along came another 'reorganisation' with a tertiary college on the old Hopwood site, and as a consequence the middle and upper school system that, IMHO, worked well. And the rest, well . . . . . !
I’m not knocking you mate, it sounds like you were a hard working teacher within the school.I can only speak about the people I met and had to work with inside the black box and how they set up their own empires. Those who ran education were fucking imbeciles. Incestuous numpties who never appointed anyone to higher positions from outside their borough. This ensured the atrophication of their system that was light years from what was happening elsewhere. It was jobs for the Rochdale boys.
Their results were appalling and no one stood up to the plate to see it from the view of the kids in the schools. They were in it for themselves and couldn’t give a shit about the people they worked for and paid their salaries.

I’m not knocking you mate, it sounds like you were a hard working teacher within the school.I can only speak about the people I met and had to work with inside the black box and how they set up their own empires. Those who ran education were fucking imbeciles. Incestuous numpties who never appointed anyone to higher positions from outside their borough. This ensured the atrophication of their system that was light years from what was happening elsewhere. It was jobs for the Rochdale boys.
Their results were appalling and no one stood up to the plate to see it from the view of the kids in the schools. They were in it for themselves and couldn’t give a shit about the people they worked for and paid their salaries.

Aaah, the Black Box. Ssy no more, Squirty, nudge nudge!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.