TV Series

Yes, it definitely has become a Netflix funded production.

One impact is a slight lengthening of the season - S3 has 10 episodes whereas S1/2 each had 8.

The TV script departs to an extent from the books but that was also the case with S1-2.
My problem with the show from S3 was ...

The women (and some of the men as well) looked like they were dressed for a comic-book convention, all dolled up and manicured hair, and they were too powerful. I know there were strong female leaders in that time, but they had to be warriors not feminists. It decided to try and fill the Game of Thrones sized hole so I just couldn't get through the first episode of S3. S1 was really good (it had a raw, desperate feel to it) but S2 dropped a level in my view. It started to write people too much as good and bad when in reality those times it was bad and bad. When you see statements such as S4 will be "bigger, bloodier and better", you know it's time to give up.

There was a new comedy (Sketch show?) mentioned on here a few pages back...can't find it or remember the name - few raved about it (Netflix I believe)?

My problem with the show from S3 was ...

I'm quite interested in that period of history and there are obviously loads of inaccuracies and inconsistencies in the TV show but I still enjoy it.

There aren't many TV shows that all 4 of us (me, wife, 2 teenage kids) are happy to sit down and watch together and LK is one of them. I agree s1 was the best but I think the drop off isn't as pronounced as for some other Netflix hits (e.g. Stranger Things).

The problem for the Uhtred books/TV show is that he is confined to Anglo-Saxon England so each story ends up being quite similar. e.g. The Flashman books are much more interesting and fun because the main character can go and "affect" history in lots of different places - India, China, Wild West, Crimea, etc.

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David makes me piss.

i genuinely think this series has been the best since ‘meet the blacks’

his chemistry with Leon is a classic double act at its best, along with Suzie (who is superb)...

i was in Hyde on Monday and there is actually a Mocha Joes coffee house (:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.