Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

I didn't actually get to watch the match but just saw the highlights.

From a Liverpool fan I have to say well done, that was a great result for you tonight.
It was actually a great result for english football, after the other 3 teams lost.

If all you others keep losing matches, and we actually get banned, then it won't be very long before we (england) lose a team spot in the CL, perhaps we should get more support than we do, though I don't expect it soon.

Unfortunately we have a few infiltrating cnuts that fawn over the Rag Cafe website - trying to portray how bad we're gonna perform in this competition. Bobbymanc and Robinamicrowave (the latter one sounds as much scouse than you could ever imagine) should hang their heads in shame. Total sycophants of the highest order. I sincerely hope they don't have season tickets to attend our club. Absolute scum.
Your right about that, just reading the chumps match thread from the time Real scored and the stand out negatives were by padre 81, his posts were to please the United fans and were shit, on the other hand some decent posts by others about us to be fair.
He also pissed over Jesus who he thought should have scored more, yes it's an opinion but it stood out between good posts by rival fans.

I think we will play Cancelo left back in the home leg so should be ok.

Personally, bar the mistake for their goal, I thought we were rock solid at the back even after Laporte went off. It was a superb performance and the formation worked perfectly and made Madrid look rank average.
And that's what I loved. Our problem this season has been staying the course in matches we're dominating. Spurs is a classic example.

Since we've come back from the break, it seems we've rebuilt our confidence from the back. Jesus & Mahrez were stirling in providing extra defensive cover in this respect.

We didn't win ugly tonight, we won professionally. If we'd had tonight's resilience & professionalism about us all season, the Dippers wouldn't be 4 wins away from the title.

We've still got the cups to go for, & 2nd place to secure. I wrote off the league some time ago, however the Champions League has taken on greater significance for all of us, after the way UEFA/G14 stiffed us AGAIN!!

The Jesus goal could have been chalked off for a push. Stirling pushed the ball over the byline & wouldn't have reached it, & he seemed to be going down anyway. I've seen penalty claims like those not given.

Tonight we made our own luck because we were brilliant. No VAR or Referee controversies as many predicted, just a good & solid performance from City which proves our disappointing league performances were down to our failings, & not the world trying to get us.

I'd love us to get the same ref & assistants for the return...

Last edited:
the highlight of the evening for me was when we got the penalty and our players started to celebrate, I said WTF are they celebrating, we can't score these to save our lives. ffs, mahrez

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.