Benjamin Mendy - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had an okay game. Lucky that Madrid didn't attack down his side too often. They mostly attacked Walker's side via Vinicius Jr., Gabby provided exceptional support defensively when needed for Mendy. Hopefully Cancelo or Zinchenko are up for it. Such a bad, rash challenge for that booking.

Was it luck?

Thought he was shite personally and he is lucky Madrid don't have a top winger, broke forward well and then turned into Danny Welbeck. He's fucking lucky we don't have many options at left back.

Thought he was shite personally and he is lucky Madrid don't have a top winger, broke forward well and then turned into Danny Welbeck. He's fucking lucky we don't have many options at left back.

Was shite for a brief spell in first half, that aside he was solid, ran his bollox off.

Love you Mendy, but I am not sure you are good enough to be City's 1st choice LB.

Maybe his lack of proper run of games affected him.

Love you Mendy, but I am not sure you are good enough to be City's 1st choice LB.

Maybe his lack of proper run of games affected him.
He's had two years out with injury, fingers crossed after a full pre-season he'll be back to his very best. The long term injuries may have ruined his career already but he's good enough to earn a chance at least. Next season will be the ultimate test of his long term future at the club, especially if we bring in additional competition which I think we will, it'll be make or break.

I thought at the beginning of the second half he really drove the team forward looking for that goal. Put some very dangerous balls in, hit the woodwork and then obviously got the assist.

Bit by bit I think he's getting some confidence back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.