Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Mendy both thrills and enrages me.
I understand his best work is done bombing down the wing and then crossing the ball in. That in part is why Sane doesn't work when they both play.
I loved his energy last night, and you can see glimpses of him returning to his devastating form.

However. There were times last night that i wondered if he had put someones elses boots on by mistake.
At no point did i feel comfortable when he was playing out from the back. Many times he couldn't seem to get the ball past his man. Simple passes just didn't work.

But, i still haven't lost faith in him. I think it is just a recovery and confidence thing. You can tell he is a passionate guy. A good guy.
I worried that the long injury has taken a toll, and his lower key media work is not good for him.
I loved the Shark team thing. It was a great way of galvanizing the team and fans.
Some thought the media work was distracting him from performing. I think with him it works the other way round.
I'm glad he is back in the team. And i hope he comes up with some more crazy media stuff soon!
I would rather he concentrated on getting back to his “pre-injury’ state. Back then, his movement and crossing was brilliant. His social media wranglings seem to overshadow his REAL JOB.
Would love him to prove me wrong, but I can’t see it. He’s too keen at getting forward and defensively frail at the moment.

Casemiro is quoted as saying, “We played 75 spectacular minutes against a great team and then in just 15 minutes we didn’t do any of what we should have done. That’s why they fought back and cancelled out our lead. We’ve got a lot of work ahead of us now but if there’s any team capable of overcoming this deficit, it is Real Madrid.”

They really did not play a spectacular 75 mins at all. Surprised he thinks that.

Sterling won us the game yesterday after Mahrez wasted 3 massive chances.

Pep won't forget that, Sterling will definitely start the 2nd leg.
Collectively we wasted quite a few chances. If Sterling had not won the pen. we might have been regretting the missed chances this morning.

At the game the fans were very critical of Mendy for about 15 mins of the first half and Gundogan for most of the second half.
Amazing how Mendy can play great but have a spell where he looks hopeless.

I went fuckin mental couple of times last night, Kev was screaming at Mendy for the most of the first half.
It seems like Mendy loses his focus and forgets what he's supposed to do.

Yes he is.

Get used to it.

He could have had a hat trick yesterday, a little bit more ruthlessness and clinical finishing and he will be devastating. At least he was in those positions to get a shot away and on target. His work rate and defensive actions were great to see. He deserves a place again in the next leg, but let’s see what Pep surprises RM and the team with next time. His English is getting really good. Great post match interview with KDB.

Yes he is.

Get used to it.

Its games like that where he will leave doubts in managements minds. Yes, he had a great game but he still isn't clinical enough. If those chances fall to Aguero then we probably go back to the Ethiad 2/3 goals ahead.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.