Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

Superb performance by Pep and the boys but a brilliant contribution from all who travelled The only downside was perhaps not finishing the tie on the nighi as we had 3=4 good chances

Ok watching it now online (BT commentary) because last night I watched our own disgraceful game instead:

1st half impressions:
I first read the Real fans' banner as "menstrual"
• how pleasant to watch two teams who can actually pass the ball, it's curing my eyes
• that McManamann guy is from Liverpool right? It's one of the few accents I can place. Every time I get him on a game I'm watching he's a twat though, he ruins the commentary for me
• City have been dangerous on occasions but I'd say Real have had the better chances in this half. City seem very comfortable though. Very enjoyable game.
2nd half:
• City getting better
• I really like Ferland Mendy
• poor defensive mistakes on Isco's goal, against the run of play but it often happens
• does McManamann have a hard-on for Bale?
• good blocks by Fernandinho
• LOL Ramos on Jesus goal, he gets out-jumped by a shorter guy who's also less strong, and tries to suggest that he was pushed even as he's falling down from the jump. No push at all and awful defending by Ramos. Good assist by De Bruyne.
• McManamann: maybe I'm too harsh on keepers. You think so, Steve?
• LMAO did McManamann really just react with "Oooh! Noo..." when City were given a penalty? I do think he just didn't know what to say and that instinctive exclamation came out; I mean, I hope he wasn't so stupid as to intentionally say that on tv.
• scratch that: he is that daft. And I thought we had bad commentators in Italy.
• the penalty is clear as day on replay. Poorly-timed tackle by Carvajal.
• De Bruyne's skin can reach marvellous hues.
• Ramos: commits a last-man foul on the edge of the area (which is always instant red as per the rules)
McManamann, talking about Jesus: I think he's dived
the foul looked more crystal clear live, during the replay the slow-mo makes it hard to gauge the strength of a push. In any case, as Walton said, once there is a push and the player goes down in front of the ref, it's a foul. And a last-man foul like that one is a red. For once, you can't fault Ramos for deciding to make that foul.
• good decisions by Orsato, you guys told me he had been good and I also haven't noticed any evident mistakes on his part. To be fair they were really clear decisions to make. He set the standard for cards as "low" at the start of the game and he's been consistent throughout. That's the important part for a ref: being consistent once you've made your standards known to the players.
• didn't know it was your first time winning against Real: congrats!

Like the power Otamendi put into the pass to Rodri in midfield, he absolutely leathered it to him. They were the length of a living room apart! Then Walker got himself into a brilliant position to cancel Real's attack and ran straight past the ball right in front of him! Good that, in hindsight, I can laugh at those mistakes.

How the fuck did you hack into here?

So a supporter of another team comes in to say congratulations and the first thing you can think of is to be a dick?

I'll probably get banned for saying that but I thought that this forum would have a bit higher standards than posts like yours..

It was actually a great result for english football, after the other 3 teams lost.

If all you others keep losing matches, and we actually get banned, then it won't be very long before we (england) lose a team spot in the CL, perhaps we should get more support than we do, though I don't expect it soon.

Yes, because reaching the final one year and then winning it the following year was dreadful for the country's coefficient.

As for getting more support why would anyone bother if this is what it leads to?

I tried to be gracious and say congratulations and two of you decided to jump on that and use it as an opportunity to try and insult or degrade me/my post.

Given I'll be banned for telling the poster from the quote above that he's being a dick I'll not have the chance but if I didn't get banned why would I come in here again to say well done about a result if all I would get in response is abuse?

Slag off everyone if you want but if that's the standards you hold yourself to then you're both letting the rest of the decent supporters in here down by lowering yourselves to the point where you have to react negatively and go on the attack when a fan from another Club tries to be nice in a post.

Like the power Otamendi put into the pass to Rodri in midfield, he absolutely leathered it to him. They were the length of a living room apart! Then Walker got himself into a brilliant position to cancel Real's attack and ran straight past the ball right in front of him! Good that, in hindsight, I can laugh at those mistakes.
Was it not a poor pass from Gundogan that started their goal.

I'm sure the video has already been posted but not been itt since late last night
You can hear the whinging phlegm gargling shithouse say "noooooo" as we're awarded a penalty.
4:25 onwards
My blood pressure is through the roof

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.