COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna be pretty embarrassing when the loungers and swimmers don't come down with the lurgi.. its the news - if they are not scaring you they aren't doing their job......

To be fair, I'd have thought the best to be would be outside, especially on a cruise ship. Couped up inside within an environment crawling with the virus is surely not good.

True, but we have moved on from the 1300's

either way, we seem on high alert, the media is massively sensationalizing it - i think we're prepared if there was a serious outbreak. hard to tell though.

I think we’re too worried, if anything.

We’ll be laughing about it in August.

Probably but behaving like hysterical children will ruin the economy.
I don’t think we are anywhere near acting like hysterical children. And not taking a potentially destructive pandemic seriously would destroy the economy, anyway (I’ve talked about how the outbreak has already impacted the world economy based entirely on the disruption in China).

Much like Rodri’s position right before Real’s goal yesterday, we’re in a ‘trolly problem’ scenario, and just need to do our best to choose the least **** option.

So much for containment measures.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-51655133

10:15
Recovered patients testing positive again
Celia Hatton

BBC Asia Pacific Regional Editor

Chinese health officials say that about 14% of patients in Guangdong province who had the coronavirus but recovered and were discharged from hospital have tested positive for the virus again.

Health officials admit they're still learning about the new coronavirus and how it operates within the human body.

The same phenomenon has been reported in Japan, when a woman in her 40s who had recovered and tested negative for the virus then tested positive more than three weeks later.

The authorities in both countries have pledged to continue tracking former patients, even after they've been discharged from hospital.

I’m hearing rumours of F1 races being cancelled in other countries other than China.

Makes you wonder how much effect this is going to have on football, sports and just generally large scale gatherings in the coming months.

Could be the year to cancel all those holiday plans, days out etc and start redecorating that bedroom, building that decking you’ve put off for so long...

I’m hearing rumours of F1 races being cancelled in other countries other than China.

Makes you wonder how much effect this is going to have on football, sports and just generally large scale gatherings in the coming months.

Could be the year to cancel all those holiday plans, days out etc and start redecorating that bedroom, building that decking you’ve put off for so long...
There are a few very big sporting events that could be called off.

The Olympics being the headliner. Already seen football and Rugby matched 'postponed'. It's arguably the worst year in history to have a Europe-wide Euros as well.

Having said all that, I'll take them cancelling the rest of the Premier League season. I mean we have to take our sanity.... I mean, safety seriously right?

Not at all, indeed I am hopeful that around the end of April Croatia closes its borders for 6 months, nobody in nobody out. jobs a good,un!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.