Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

This is absolute nonsense. Go and watch the goal again. Rodri plays a regulation ball back to Otamendi who, under minimal pressure miscontrols, panics and fires an absolute bullet pass back to Rodri, who is being closed down by 3 players. Rodri controls it brilliantly, realises there's only 1 player open to pass to, Otamendi, but Nico being Nico he's not expecting it, Modric coming from his blindside knows it's the only place he can pass, and the interception happens.

Their counter attack is caused by 1 player, and it's not Rodri and he sure as fuck wasn't panicking or thinking slowly.

Otamendi takes a heavy touch. Otamendi panics. Otamendi fires a pass to a player being covered by 3 defenders, Otamendi doesn't anticipate the ball coming back to him. Otamendi dives in and takes himself out of the game without getting man or ball.

Sorry, but there's no world in which that goal is Rodri's fault, and that's obvious before moving onto Walker's...whatever that was.

I've watched this back ten times now and each one I'm even more confused how Walker doesn't manage to stop this. Not getting anything on the ball from the position he's in legitimately seems impossible.

Still trying to get over how brilliant Gabby was last night. He has everything you need as a world class striker: fitness levels, pressing game, brave, technic, jumping and heading ability and a quality finisher. The lad has everything.

Including a first class attitude.

I've watched this back ten times now and each one I'm even more confused how Walker doesn't manage to stop this. Not getting anything on the ball from the position he's in legitimately seems impossible.
Was Ota trying to find Mahrez on the touchline? I think he was but Rodri tries to control the pass and it is one mistake after another from there.

I don't want to be that guy, but had we been on the end of the decisions Madrid were last night I'm sure plenty on here would be saying similar.
What were those?

Gabby didn't touch Ramos for his goal, he just dives like a fanny.

Ramos pulled on the shoulder of Gabby - it was a red card.

Sterling's pen was a pen.

This is how biased the refs are in England, that when we get an actual good one in Europe we all feel guilty about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.