COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just what powers does the government have to ban travel or impose other restrictions in this country?

no trains , cars , planes , boats , no more than 1 person in a hotel a day. no body allowed to enter Anfield or exit Anfield until Winston Churchill gives the order.

Somebody at work was saying today they are scheduled to go to italy next week - close to one of tje infected towns. He wasnt willing to lose £600 so is still going and taking the risk. He will then come back to work with 8000 other people.

Just my opinion but whilst people have that mentality there is no chance of it being controlled.

Somebody at work was saying today they are scheduled to go to italy next week - close to one of tje infected towns. He wasnt willing to lose £600 so is still going and taking the risk. He will then come back to work with 8000 other people.

Just my opinion but whilst people have that mentality there is no chance of it being controlled.

It's coming anyway, hell it's already here and the genie is out of the bottle. What's going to make it worse is society shutting down, we genuinely need to carry on.

Unless the powers that be warn against travel to where ever he is going then I dont blame him. I will be going to see the aircraft carrier in Liverpool over the next week which is close to where some of those infected are quarantined. He is probably taking no more of a risk than I am.

The kids in self isolation at home after coming back from italy is all very well but their brothers and sisters are still going to school so it is pretty pointless
Shoot the lot.

Unless the powers that be warn against travel to where ever he is going then I dont blame him. I will be going to see the aircraft carrier in Liverpool over the next week which is close to where some of those infected are quarantined. He is probably taking no more of a risk than I am.
The newly infected person in California (community transmission and officials can only theorise it is because they live near the military base where infected have been quarantined) would disagree. ;-)

It's coming anyway, hell it's already here and the genie is out of the bottle. What's going to make it worse is society shutting down, we genuinely need to carry on.
Carry on generally, yes, but almost all science behind limiting potential destructive viral outbreaks points toward targeted quarantines and screening, so just going about daily life without taking that science in to account will make the outbreak worse and will in turn lead to society shutting down (wait until hospitals are overwhelmed and sick/injured people, most not even infected with coronavirus, can’t get treatment), anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.