Real Madrid (A) - CL R16 Post Match thread

What makes me uncomfortable about that is that it's a recurring refrain this season. We should… but we don't. It could be applied with just as much relevance to the return match against the rags in the League Cup, and to both matches against Tottenham. To mention only them. In the CL, perhaps more than in any other competition, it is not the best team that wins. It is the clinical team.
Are we that team, finally?

Our shot conversion ratio is pretty dismal IIRC. And Eddie is pretty low down the table as a shot stopper. I used to think in the early days of occupying the new stadium that if we could only hang on to the ball for about 5% more we'd do teams some serious damage. The Watford game at home this season just shows what could be done if we just converted 5% more of the chances we create! It'll come. Hopefully Sunday.

Just been reading the post-match comments on BBC. There ain’t half some bitter Littlewoods fans around.

Still going on about Ramos' not receiving a red card for his "foul” on no salad two years ago.

Great performance. Feels like a landmark for us, a corner turned. Pep got the tactics spot on, everybody was focused on what they were asked to do and we played with an air of authority and confidence. Our support has galvanised, we’ve been kicked in the bollocks and we’re not having it. I think UEFA may have just given us the nudge we needed to win this piece of shit.

Was Ota trying to find Mahrez on the touchline? I think he was but Rodri tries to control the pass and it is one mistake after another from there.
Rodri attempted a short pass to Otamendi who was tightly marked - if you watch the whole match again Rodri spent a lot of time facing his own goal and passing sideways or backwards - would like to see him turn and look for attacking options sometimes - imo he needs to develop this side of his game if he is to eventually replace Fern - still only young so hope he can learn and develop cos this position is so important to how Pep wants to play

I know a lot of us were expecting to be fucked over last night by the ref or VAR,but it would have been to obvious what was going on,the ref had a very good game for both sides,same will happen 2nd leg no being screwed over,now if we do get past Madrid then whoever we get in the next round ,I then expect we will get screwed over from the ref and VAR ..

I know a lot of us were expecting to be fucked over last night by the ref or VAR,but it would have been to obvious what was going on,the ref had a very good game for both sides,same will happen 2nd leg no being screwed over,now if we do get past Madrid then whoever we get in the next round ,I then expect we will get screwed over from the ref and VAR ..
I'm not sure I understand your logic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.