#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
ERxeVjgX0AANo5c

Right at the beginning of the season, I said something along the lines of Vinny leaving creating a power vacuum in the dressing room, and that I hoped KDB would be the one to fill it. Then as things went on, I was really disappointed that it hadn't happened, and he was just doing the same role as before.

Last night it felt like he did. Everything just sort of clicked into place, the biggest stage possible in the competition everyone pays the most attention to. Fern, Sergio and Silva off the pitch so he had the captain's armband, laying into players who weren't concentrating or made mistakes, playing an unfamiliar role brilliantly then making the big contributions when it mattered. The penalty - with all the pressure riding on it after Spurs and Monaco and missing the last 4 - just crowned everything.

All the foreign press lead with him being the star player after the match, several podcasts lead with him, there's been 3 or 4 articles about him being the Galactico on the pitch etc.

Feels like the beginning of a different stage of his City career. 28 years old, pretty much guaranteed the captaincy next season. He's the man now.

Could reach the greatest individual heights of any City player. Looks a shoe-in for a host of individual awards.

I don't think I've ever seen a player like him in my life. I've been up for ages watching clips of him at Chelsea, Wolfsburg, Bremen and Genk.

There's an excuse amongst Chelsea fans that Kevin had to leave to become the player he now is. I think that's a load of bullshit and he's been this player since day one. It was a mixture of Mourinho failing to read his level of talent and being too afraid to put him in the first team as an "unproven" player. And there's a lesson in that which we should learn.

As a side note, Martin Samuel has written a piece about how Kev is the only non-Liverpool player who deserves to be in the team of the year and the fact that he'd walk into the Liverpool, Barca and Real teams should be causing us serious concern "in the current climate". Apparently someone (Kev's agent is Samuel's theory) has been making it known that Kev stands to lose £2.5m in bonuses should we miss out on the Champions League for two seasons. He also points out that, if the ban is upheld and starts next season, De Bruyne will be 31 by the time we can play in the competition again.

I don't think I've ever seen a player like him in my life. I've been up for ages watching clips of him at Chelsea, Wolfsburg, Bremen and Genk.

There's an excuse amongst Chelsea fans that Kevin had to leave to become the player he now is. I think that's a load of bullshit and he's been this player since day one. It was a mixture of Mourinho failing to read his level of talent and being too afraid to put him in the first team as an "unproven" player. And there's a lesson in that which we should learn.

As a side note, Martin Samuel has written a piece about how Kev is the only non-Liverpool player who deserves to be in the team of the year and the fact that he'd walk into the Liverpool, Barca and Real teams should be causing us serious concern "in the current climate". Apparently someone (Kev's agent is Samuel's theory) has been making it known that Kev stands to lose £2.5m in bonuses should we miss out on the Champions League for two seasons. He also points out that, if the ban is upheld and starts next season, De Bruyne will be 31 by the time we can play in the competition again.
Kev is the loyal type with a really long contract and 31? are you sure?

Edit-he is 28 already,i thought he was 26,damn

I was watching Wolfsburg clips yesterday too - I do think he's lost a fair bit of pace from the 2 knee injuries.

I was watching Wolfsburg clips yesterday too - I do think he's lost a fair bit of pace from the 2 knee injuries.
I think he played as a winger for them as well, and then by the end shifted to the 10?

His current role as our 10 makes the most sense, he can still press for ages, but doesn't NEED elite pace, and can instead feed our pacy players.

That being said, he has this "Yaya-like" burst he can do where from a stand still he just bulldozes past players with his upper body, he is playing like Prime Yaya for us right now, and for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.