ParkingEye Fine

Bumping an old thread but did anything come from this? Just got one from these twats and I rather act a dick than just pay

looking forward to the piss taking, regards

I got one from Tesco's a few years back. Called in there at about 10am - was there 5 minutes and left. Later @3pm me and the Mrs went and did some shopping - there say 45mins - their parking enforcement company sent me a stroppy letter saying I was there 10am to 3.45pm and wanted to "fine" me. I e-mailed them back and copied Tesco in telling them that ( at that time ) their "fine" was unenforceable but more importantly they should check their exit footage from say 10.05 to 10.15 and they would see me leaving then check again at 3pm and they would see me returning. I pointed out that as they could see I was a regular there ( I wasn't - we were on holiday ) and that their actions had cost Tesco a long standing customer.

I got a begging " please don't leave me " letter from Tesco's apologising and a formal apology from the parking company who said they were cancelling the ticket as their exit cameras weren't working that day and it was an oversight on their part. I forwarded that to Tesco telling them they should get ALL tickets withdrawn as long as the exit camera was on the blink - in hindsight I regret not just forwarding it to the press.
Manchester council tried it on with me years ago. Parked at the bottom of Oldham Road in a bay outside Miss Ellie's Travel. 2 hours free and no return for an hour. Got there 9am into the office 5 mins walk away and left 10.45 to go to a meeting (ironically at a council depot) in Newton Heath.
Retuned 90 mins after and into the same bay but in the middle not the front.
Less than 2 hours later i return and find a ticket had been issued 30 mins after i had returned.
Wrote in and got a reply that the car had been there 10am and 1pm.
I wrote back and said "so it was possible for me to leave and come back over an hour later given it was a 3 hour gap between the warden seeing the car?"
They replied the car didn't move as the warden also notes what position the front tyre air valve is at.... (I kid you not)
So i replied again and said if the warden records vehicles on his device, the first time he checked it, it would have been first or last car in the bay (depending which direction the warden was coming from) as it was at the front of the bay yet the 2nd time he clocked it, it would have shown as being in the middle of the bay - evidence that the vehicle did move and makes a mockery of the air valve claim.
They cancelled the fine.
My final step would have been for the council supervisor i attended the meeting with to witness i attended a meeting in NH and went in my car.

Last edited:
Manchester council tried it on with me years ago. Parked at the bottom of Oldham Road in a bay outside Miss Ellie's Travel. 2 hours free and no return for an hour. Got there 9am intonthe office 5 mins walk away and left 10.45 to go to a meeting (ironically at a council depot) in Newton Heath.
Retuned 90 mins after and into the same bay but in the middle not the front.
Less than 2 hours later i return and find a ticket had been issued 30 mins after i had returned.
Wrote in and got a reply that the car had been there 10am and 1pm.
I wrote back and said "so it was possible for me to leave and come back over an hour later given it was a 3 hour gap between the warden seeing the car?"
They replied the car didn't move as the warden also notes what position the front tyre air valve is at.... (I kid you not)
So i replied again and said if the warden records vehicles on his device, the first time he checked it, it would have been first or last car in the bay as it was at the front of the bay yet the 2nd time he clocked it, it would have been in the middle of the bay - evidence that the vehicle did move and makes a mockery of the air valve claim.
They cancelled the fine.
My final step would have been for the council supervisor i attended the meeting with to witness i attended a meeting in NH and went in my car.

Valve stem location and chalking the tyres is common here. There's an unwritten law tat states you can't park anywhere for longer than four hours.
There are no signs in the City but they will be out looking to cash in you. I work in construction all over Toronto and regularly have to go out and move my truck a few feet (making sure he valve stem is not back in the same place.

It's such a con. My wife got one for going over a two hour stay in a free car park a couple of years back. She challenged it and it went for a supposed independent review, and was refused.

She went over by ten minutes as our baby needed an extra nappy change upon leaving Costa. Think it was about ninety quid too.

Thing is, she was so upset by the whole event that she's terrified to use the car park again and hasn't visited those village shops since, and she used to go every week with friends for coffee, haircuts etc, so really it's them losing out.

What was it issued for?
19 minutes over the free 2 hours in a supermarket car park, to make it even dafter we were back in time but stood next to the car smoking before a couple of us went our separate ways. I didn’t think that it would be based on cameras at the gate as we saw a guy walking round checking cars earlier.

Ive always been told to ignore unless it’s issued by the council but remembered seeing this firms name on here

It's such a con. My wife got one for going over a two hour stay in a free car park a couple of years back. She challenged it and it went for a supposed independent review, and was refused.

She went over by ten minutes as our baby needed an extra nappy change upon leaving Costa. Think it was about ninety quid too.

Thing is, she was so upset by the whole event that she's terrified to use the car park again and hasn't visited those village shops since, and she used to go every week with friends for coffee, haircuts etc, so really it's them losing out.

Best thing to do. If it is parking attached to a particular store make it plain you will stop going there and persuade friends and family to do likewise and they tend to look at these things in a different light

19 minutes over the free 2 hours in a supermarket car park, to make it even dafter we were back in time but stood next to the car smoking before a couple of us went our separate ways. I didn’t think that it would be based on cameras at the gate as we saw a guy walking round checking cars earlier.

Ive always been told to ignore unless it’s issued by the council but remembered seeing this firms name on here
What do you do in a supermarket that takes 2 hours? Lol

one thing you must not do is ignore it.
The days of getting away with That are long gone.
They will prosecute.
In the first instance follow their appeals procedure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.