Anti UEFA demonstration at Madrid game - whistles ?

I can’t believe having whistles is seemingly the agreed upon idea. Whistles aren’t intimidating, they’re just annoying and will make it sound like a children’s party. Not to mention the fact that if you’ve got a whistle in your mouth you’re not singing.

At the very least, if people are handing them out prior to the game, go hand them out in the family stand and give the kids in there a tool to make some noise instead of them sitting in silence and the south stand can ignore that nonsense and actually sing

I can’t believe having whistles is seemingly the agreed upon idea. Whistles aren’t intimidating, they’re just annoying and will make it sound like a children’s party. Not to mention the fact that if you’ve got a whistle in your mouth you’re not singing.

At the very least, if people are handing them out prior to the game, go hand them out in the family stand and give the kids in there a tool to make some noise instead of them sitting in silence and the south stand can ignore that nonsense and actually sing
How about megaphones that would really get the message across(although a tad more expensive then whistles).
:-)

And then the kids will just blow them through out the game..... think about it.

Fuck me,I'm 55 and have hearing problems due to malaria 25 years ago,I'll bring my ear plugs from work if people are blowing frigging whistles !

mind you,it will be a lot louder this game due to it being sold out ,unlike the 3 group games where it was half empty in 318 cos most couldn't be arsed

I think everyone's getting a little bit too concerned about the whistles. It's just going to add to the atmosphere. We're not talking about one person peeping his whistle as Aguero's through on goal... we're talking hundreds being used consistently whilst Madrid have possession. The only reason it would affect the players is if it's one whistle being used intermittently. If everyone uses them throughout I don't see the issue. If there are hundreds of whistles, as well as thousands whistling without a whistle, booing and jeering, we could really get under their skin. Cheering whenever they lose possession. It dragged us over the line vs Liverpool last year which won us the league (and I can confirm there were whistles being used on the South Stand throughout that game).

It's one of the best techniques to unsettle an opposition team. Remember Timo Werner had to be subbed off in the first half v Besiktas? (https://www.rt.com/sport/404776-werner-noise-substitute-turkey-besiktas-leipzig/)

We don't realise the impact we could have. We know how much the boys need our support, they're desperate to win the thing this year. Let's give them every advantage we possibly can.

Sorry but I couldn't agree more. We have plenty of lawful sensible ways to show our disgust at the corrupt wankers, singing fuck UEFA throughout the game is one. We are 2-1 up and in a great position, we only need one idiot to whistle at the wrong time, you are never going to get 90 minutes of people blowing them, and Uefa and the media have the ammunition. Boo the jingle, boo Madrid and in between shout and sing your heads off but there should be no whistles during the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.