Oldham Athletic thread

It's a shame - I remember being a bit jealous of Oldham back in the late 80's when they were tearing it up under Big Joe and Willie.

Remember watching City win 1-0 at Boundary Park with a goal from debutant Gary Megson - bloomin freezing it was.

I guess footall has moved on and the smaller clubs will struggle more and more.

First got dragged to Oldham when I was 4 years old. Mate of me dads who didn’t have sons of his own. Couple of gorgeous daughters but hey, I was only 4. The coldest place on earth, the worst football ground of all time, but there will be some diehard Latics fans who deserve better than this shit.
Times like this I wish the money from the top flight flowed a bit easier to the lower leagues. KdBs wages for a week would keep them afloat.

A few years ago, I seem to recall a proposal that Bury, Rochdale and Oldham merge and call the new club Manchester North End.

If there was such an idea, it was shouted down by the supporters of the three clubs.

However, considering their respective current financial situations, maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea, and include Bolton as well.

I wonder if our wonderful media will pick up the baton and highlight the actions of United, Liverpool et al - who created this problem with their greediness and the creation of the Premier League ? Probably not.

Really sad. I have a mate who follows them home and away ever here.

Hope they get it sorted.

They're going under no doubt, they're the next Bury and it's been coming for 10 years

Their owner is a control freak lunatic who's interfering resulted in Scholes walking away and their manager is a joke. Was sacked by Stevenage in September, who are now bottom of the football league and would be taking Oldham to non-league too after they're deducted 12 points if it wasn't for Bury going bust meaning only 1 team drops out this season

They've got a brand new stand that is owned by a third party and is now totally closed over a dispute over rent

They used to get 18,000 in their 'pinch me' days as their fans love to call them, but these days they regularly get less than 3,000... where have all the fans gone? however they take a solid 2,000 to most away games and to be fair they are a loyal bunch who get behind the team no matter how bad they are

But … I find it hard to feel much sympathy for a fanbase who took great pleasure in our demise in the 90's.. and even to this day sing anti City songs.. and 15 years later still bang on about the day they knocked us out of the FA cup

I was at Oldham til I was 16, used to get two free tickets for every home game, got a lot of great football memories from 85 to 90 , we used to train on a Monday night on the plastic pitch, Rodney marsh came up.and trained with us one Monday, probs about early 86, he was pushing us over and barging into us 11 and 12 year old kids.
Plus my cousin played for the first team for about 8 years so I've got some sadness if they go out of business.
Barging into 11 and 12 yr olds you say...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.