Ilkay Gundogan - 2019/20 Performances

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s a player that goes unoticed, rarely gets involved in arguments, no silly haircut, just goes about his business and does he’s job very very well.

I’m glad he’s getting noticed it’s about time.. his a thinker and tactician, playmaker.
Quality player and eveyone saw that last night

Pre match I predicted david silva would have a game to roll back the years because of Madrid’s lack of mobility in the middle giving him the freedom and time to show his class. Silva didn’t play but it afforded Gundogan the chance to do the same things for the exact same reasons and he delivered. Against a side that doesn’t press much and doesn’t really attack centrally he was able to showcase his talents. Very impressive. Madrid don’t have the players to change their approach much for the second leg, we may change our approach but I think Gundogans guaranteed a start no matter how we set up and I’m expecting him to have another big game.
Outside of the fact that Real pressed and they pressed us, the rest of your analysis works :)

Has anyone on here seen the full interview?

I am curious if this quote out of context makes it seem more like “yeah, I am ****ing stuck here” than actually was intended.

He's a top quality player but he has lost the bite and aggression he had at Dortmund, mainly due to the serious knee injuries and having to protect himself and his long term career. While it's frustrating, it's also completely understandable and justified. It's a balancing act with him, it's just difficult to accept sometimes when he does back out of tackles because of the old English mentality of wanting to fight for every single ball, in the heat of the moment sometimes those frustrations come out and people get on his back (me included).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.