Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another masterclass from Dhino, class act. Will be a sad day when he leaves City, obviously still not fit to lace Henderson's boots but nevertheless a very good player.

Faultless from start to finish again. Made it look easy and I don’t think he misplaced a pass all game. Don’t understand why he doesn’t get more credit from pundits and opposing fans.

I’m sticking my neck out here but you could make a case for him being City’s greatest ever player. Maybe a few years less service keeps him out of that conversation.

To be playing at the level he’s at at nearly 35 is just plain ridiculous.

He just never lets the side down or his team mates and like today, is often the best player on the pitch imo.

One of city all time greats! Only worry is next season can he keep this fitness up? Maybe he won’t play as much if we buy a couple of defenders.

Think he's creeping into that Vinnie/Kun/Merl unequivocal 'give him a statue' bracket. Might cement it next season.

Think he's creeping into that Vinnie/Kun/Merl unequivocal 'give him a statue' bracket. Might cement it next season.

I do think those three are in their own tier in terms of our last decade or so, but definitely think Dinho is just below them. If I had to rank the tiers I'd go:

Kompany, Aguero, Silva
Toure, Fernandinho, Zabaleta
De Bruyne, Sterling, Hart
Dzeko, Kolarov, Tevez

Obviously the current players can still improve their standing over time. Wouldn't put any of the players Pep has signed in there just yet but I think Ederson, Laporte, Walker, Bernardo, and Jesus could be well on their way with a few more years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.