#47 | Phil Foden - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted for the lad. To come into a final like that at his age and give a performance genuinely deserving the official MotM award, which was warmly received by Blues at the ground, is quite special.

I remain convinced that Pep has been protecting Phil and may continue to do so but it can't be long now before we see a lot more of him. He looks much stronger physically to me now but the intelligence and maturity of his performance yesterday particularly impressed. I also thought playing wide on the right really suited him but he is going to be able to play anywhere across the front line.

After the victory itself, Phil's performance was the highlight of the day: it felt, significant.

I used to think Bernardo was in a world of his own, but these left footed lads can't half control a long ball (apart from Leroy where it tends to bounce 15 yards in either direction but he's usually quick enough to catch it)

Phil Foden: "I've always dreamed of playing on this stage and it didn't go too bad, which I'm really happy about. The feeling of winning a trophy never goes away.

"It doesn't get much better than that to be honest. I just couldn't wait to play on the special occasion and I'm over the moon to help the team and get the result. It's unbelievable and we want to keep going and win it again..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.