Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

We must have been lucky as we met Villa fans in Watford, Camden and around Euston and no problems at all. They were complimentary about City and were just hoping we didn’t embarrass them like we did at Villa Park. Afterwards, same again, they were just glad we hadn’t run up a cricket score.

Lots of Villa fans in the Novotel bar on Wembley Way. They were absolutely fine. Broke out into WWYWYWS but then had a good laugh when we replied with 'beating you when we were shit'. Had a drink and a bit of craic with a few of them & they were a decent set of lads. More worried about us hammering them than anything else.

Just watched the game bk on TV couldn't remember most of the game yesterday but how did that villa player not get a Red card for that tackle on Sergio, off the floor and studs up and Thought Rodders header was brilliant

Foden didn’t take his chance at Arsenal in the league. That will have made Pep more reluctant to play him more. Hopefully yesterday’s performance will have the opposite effect.
He’s also had games against Championship opposition and he’s been quite average. He also had a poor last chunk of the game yesterday despite being magnificent in the first 75 minutes. Twice just leathering the ball up in the air to nobody.

He’s getting just about the right amount of minutes for how good he’s been overall.

Villa have some right twats following them. Sunderland fans, stoke fans and others we met at Wembley have been really down to earth and easy to have a laugh or drink with. Villa fans were the complete opposite.
Agree wholeheartedly..

Cup final days etc with City down the years since I first went to see us beat Leicester in 1969 have all been quite pleasurable atmospheres, with both sets of fans behaving well on each occasion. But yesterday, travelling alone via Euston/Tube to meet family/friends at the City Fanzone, was not particularly pleasant, even though I wasn't troubled by any of the individuals/groups I witnessed behaving badly. We can't claim to be free of members of 'The Knobhead Tendency' but between landing at Euston and getting to Wembley I witnessed behaviours that Birmingham's PR & Marketing department would've shuddered at if that went on in their hometown.

One particular group got on the Metropolitan line tube at Baker Street and proceeded to 'entertain' everyone on the coach singing songs with some of the vilest language imaginable; innocent passengers who were clearly not involved with the football, including women and children going about their Sundays whilst having to put up with this boorish behaviour.

Then, on the return back to Euston after seeing us pick up the cup, I was in a tube train largely full of Villa fans but with a few families of Blues also travelling to Euston. The Villa fans once again gave us renditions of their expletive-laden 'Greatest Hits' collection, including the bonus track 'Champions of Europe/ You'll never be that'..

One of the Villa fans, who was well into his 40s and clearly liked a pie or seven to put him on until his tea, began banging on loudly about how City's support was 'rubbish' (I've cleaned that up), that we didn't support our team and the 'evidence' was that we weren't all still in the stadium celebrating winning a cup. Travelling with this Herbert's group were two teenage girls, both clearly embarrassed by his behaviour, with one of them finally shutting him up by saying 'Yeah, but you wouldn't even let us stay to see our lads get their medals..' This clearly flummoxed him and he stayed quiet, thankfully, for the rest of the trip to Euston.

Individually and collectively they struck me as having rather a large chip on their shoulder. I'm sure there are many decent Villa fans out there but they were in short supply from what I saw yesterday. Which is why the atmosphere wasn't anything like as friendly as I've encountered at previous finals.

And I'm pretty sure none of those Villa fans I observed yesterday would ever make it on to the panel of 'The Brain's Trust'..

linesman give the corner and not the referee hahahaha

anybody who think lee mason is a ok referee then just watch the flying tackle on aguero yesterday ??
And the ref can't overrule the linesman?

Mason was ok yesterday, even when we win VAR is wrong and corrupt

I've put together a piece (my own ramblings) on the latest abuse City fans have been getting. It's on my facebook: and twitter: @garyjameswriter It's about 7 pages. If anyone @Ric wants to post the images of the pages here then please do (I always forget how to do that). Cheers

Enjoyed reading your thoughts.

This very thing came up yesterday with family/friends talking prior to the game at the Fanzone yesterday. Among all of the things that the media seems to forget with its constant bombardment of negative articles is the emotional connection we have as City fans to our club. My Dad first took me to Maine Road in September 1959 to see us put 4 past then-champions Wolves (mind, they put 6 past Bert Trautmann!).. all of my family have been Blues since the Hyde Road days. What are we supposed to do about all of this stuff the media keeps throwing at the club and now us?

To borrow a phrase from Morrissey, 'Words so lightly thrown' by these Herberts in the media are cast without thought of the consequences. Just what exactly to Ronay, Roan, Jackson et al all expect US to do about it.. stop supporting and caring for the club we've been involved with for donkey's years? They claim to be journalists but not one of them has shown the strength of character to examine City's side of this situation in a calm, reasonable and full manner. Rather, they chase clickbait instead of questioning what's going on within UEFA and all of the other players in this seedy little episode. And now, to garner even more clickbait, they're turning their fire on us fans. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I met a load of decent Villa fans at Swiss Cottage, only one was a dickhead, he said of our victory, "Well what do you expect with all the billions you have"?
I said if it's all about money, why did we beat you today and not Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal, the dippers or the rags, ....!
Silly **** left shortly after and the other Villa fans said he was a prick.....!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.