Rodri - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to his best.

Scored a crucial header and also played that fantastic ball to Foden who then assisted Aguero.

Surprised the thread isn't busy. Was faultless in the middle of the park, played a crucial part for the 1st goal and scored the winner. Why ask for more from a DM? Has already scored 4 goals this season. Great player.

Fantastic performance and becoming a real presence for us in midfield. Hate to admit it, but that technical foul when Kev lost the ball with few City numbers back was almost Fernandinho-esque!

However, I wouldn't say faultless. There's always room for improvement & one such element a poster mentioned earlier here which I only began picking up on is having more care with the simple & short passes which he seems to overplay more than the difficult intricate passes. A good example of this was shown in Raz's frustration in yesterday's first half scenario where he was through on the wing but Rodri overplayed the short & simple pass to him by fizzing it out of play. I'm sure there were some words at half time.

Last edited:
Scored 2 cracking goals to date.

What would he be like as a striker? He is strong and can head it really well, class finish yesterday, not quick but not all goal scorers are quick.

Much more encouraging performance and looked a lot more confident and willing to take the goal. Very good header for the goal but as as much if not more impressed by the clip to Foden for the first

was typing this in the man of the match thread originally then decided it would be more appropriate here.

I’m Very surprised to see Rodri get so many votes for man of the match against Wednesday, for me, he was the main reason for our lack of tempo particularly in the first half. Was far too slow in possession, dawdling on the ball too much inviting the challenge, taking the freekick and slowing everything down instead of playing it quicker shifting their back line about and creating openings. They shouldn’t have been allowed to make anywhere near the amount of challenges they did on him last night and the only reason for it was him slowing down the play.

He’s also not playing enough forward passes through the lines into our more advanced midfielders like we’re used to seeing from Fernandinho who was a master at this in that position and is one of the key reasons why we’ve struggled to break teams down more frequently than we’re used to this season.

I trust Pep will mould him into what he wants given time as he seems to do with everyone but he’s still got an awful lot to learn.

was typing this in the man of the match thread originally then decided it would be more appropriate here.

I’m Very surprised to see Rodri get so many votes for man of the match against Wednesday, for me, he was the main reason for our lack of tempo particularly in the first half. Was far too slow in possession, dawdling on the ball too much inviting the challenge, taking the freekick and slowing everything down instead of playing it quicker shifting their back line about and creating openings. They shouldn’t have been allowed to make anywhere near the amount of challenges they did on him last night and the only reason for it was him slowing down the play.

He’s also not playing enough forward passes through the lines into our more advanced midfielders like we’re used to seeing from Fernandinho who was a master at this in that position and is one of the key reasons why we’ve struggled to break teams down more frequently than we’re used to this season.

I trust Pep will mould him into what he wants given time as he seems to do with everyone but he’s still got an awful lot to learn.

I don't know, I thought he was the one who did try playing the ball forward to feet to both Sergio & Gabby. If Laporte or Ferna don't play at the back that is where the slow play starts from. Both fullbacks constantly played the ball back inside last night and then we are relying on Otamendi to play quickly, something that is not his game - he takes too many touches and doesn't have the confidence to play the ball first time. Rodri will improve but for someone so young, from a slightly slower league, I think he's had a great first season so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.