Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

Think you’re getting confused. Correct - I DID say you would have seen him play in the charity shield v Liverpool because he DID - on 4 Aug 2019 & he saved a pen in the shoot out thus we won the shield

I didn’t mention League cup

EDIT - just noticed you’ve responded accordingly to other posters
Liverpool was the Willy Wonderland Final and the great Ya Ya Toure adding the vital penalty.

Not sure where all the Villa bitterness comes from tbh. Fairly shit bunch of fans, loads of sly chants coming out of the ground.

Got on the train at Wembley Central after the game, loads of villa on but a few were philosophical about the loss and complementary about our team...one lad asked me what I thought of Grealish....‘he’s got nice hair’ is all I could say ;)

onwards blue brothers!

Next final please pep.....

Liverpool was the Willy Wonderland Final and the great Ya Ya Toure adding the vital penalty.

Yep. We played dippers in 2016 league cup. Willy played

but

we also played dippers in charity shield in 2019 & Bravo saved pen in shoot out.

we played Chelsea in 2018 charity shield & won 2-0. Bravo played.

Not sure where all the Villa bitterness comes from tbh

Us and Villa and two or three other clubs were on a fairly even footing back in 2008. Their bitterness stems from us hitting the jackpot and them being eaten away by jealousy. To rub in in we then went and took their best players in Barry and Milner. At the time they were poisonous and there was one Villa fan on this forum who was particularly vile

Hopefully they’re relegated this season and they’re back to getting 10k per game, if there’s less of them it might save themselves from battering each other and acting like dick heads.

They have their own thread about their own behaviour, ffs: https://www.villatalk.com/topic/20049-incidents/

The best being this, talk about inbreeding...

ycmiu

Like I said last night, they were more interested in picking fights, the didn’t get any bites from the City fans so they starting leathering each other. Fucking weirdos, championship here you come.

Went with my brother was on the train to wembley central from watford and a few blues got on all with loads of cans when one of the lads said to me and my brother "do you want some cans lads "and passed me and brother some cans.Then his mate said to him "feck me its 10 stops to wembly the lad turned round and said "can i have my cans back lads!:)).
Also coming back we had to que until they let us through to get the train home there was hundreds of blues all waiting when a voice shouted "corana virus coming through " it was like the parting of the red sea when some old bloke with all the city gear strolled nonchently through the crowd to the front everyone was in fits of laughter.
Got to say it was one of the more memorable visits to wembley a great day out enjoyed in good spirits.

He’s also had games against Championship opposition and he’s been quite average. He also had a poor last chunk of the game yesterday despite being magnificent in the first 75 minutes. Twice just leathering the ball up in the air to nobody.
To be fair he was running on empty in the last 10 minutes, having run himself into the ground, and when the whistle went he just fell on his back on the pitch exhausted, some expect too much from him even still.

Funny lot the Villa fans, but always have been. Villa Park's jammed full when they're doing well but their "crowds" used to dip alarmingly when they weren't.
The record books show that just 14,215 hardly souls turned up to Villa Park on New Year's Day 1986 for a First Division game that City won 1-0. A winter's day admittedly but a public holiday all the same and in a city with a population roughly twice that of Manchester. We never went that low in the top flight! In the return game at Maine Road the crowd was almost 50% bigger, at 20,935 (note for younger readers: not many clubs got huge crowds in the troublesome 1980s).
Despite their staples such as "Where were you when you were shit?" and for all the jumping up and down they do about winning the European Cup (as impressive as that famous 1982 win was) there were plenty of times when they could barely fill HALF their ground in the same decade!
It got a bit testy last night at Wembley Stadium Station, with insults zinging from side to side in equal measure. Fair enough, but their beef seemed to run along now-familiar lines: plastic fans, no history, bought success etc. Even the Birmingham Mail is reporting that we had more fans at Wembley yesterday than they did, although a small amount of expensive Club Wembley tickets went unsold: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ws/carabao-cup-final-attendance-fans-17843062
I would never deny Aston Villa their history - it's as good as anyone else's and better than most. What football fan would? So why would they, of all people, seek to deny us ours?
* And have you ever noticed how few Brummies ever go out of Birmingham? You rarely come across them on holiday or anywhere else for that matter!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.