Players who might improve us

My wishlist if we want to freshen up the squad:

- Winger/Attacker: Ferran Torres
- Midfielder: Houssem Aouar
- Defender: Pau Torres

All are good and offer long-term starting potential.

Outgoings
Cancelo, Sane, Nico, Silva, Bravo, possibly Stones

My wishlist if we want to freshen up the squad:

- Winger/Attacker: Ferran Torres
- Midfielder: Houssem Aouar
- Defender: Pau Torres

All are good and offer long-term starting potential.

Outgoings
Cancelo, Sane, Nico, Silva, Bravo, possibly Stones
If Cancelo goes we need a backup, maybe Aarons for a cut price when Norwich get relegated? Top talent and homegrown

I don't think Torres^2 are good enough. Ferran is maybe a bit too slow and I don't think he'll be City quality, more suited to someone like Everton. Pau is left footed like Laporte, I think we need a top CB to partner Laporte, not a backup

Aouar is great though

If I’m going to be truly paranoid; We should be keeping our eyes peeled for the best of the British talent.

I have a sneaking suspicion this Brexit thing is going to give license to the idiots in control will use it to push the homegrown bullshit even further.

Upamecano, Boadu, Jonathan Tah. Altogether, if release clauses are to believed, could probably be done for around £100-110mil total. Promote Braaf and use Foden & Garcia more.

Sell Sane (hopefully get £70mil), Stones, Otamendi. Want Angelino to stay but may get £20mil for him

Sterling Aguero Mahrez
Bernardo KDB Rodri
Mendy Upamecano Laporte Walker
Ederson

Jesus Boadu Braaf
Gundogan Foden Fernandinho
Zinchenko Garcia Tah Cancelo
Steffan

That's 2 very good squads for not a huge amount of outlay.

If I’m going to be truly paranoid; We should be keeping our eyes peeled for the best of the British talent.

I have a sneaking suspicion this Brexit thing is going to give license to the idiots in control will use it to push the homegrown bullshit even further.

Me too. I don't think that it's an accident that a lot of the rags recent buys have been British.
Plus, it will help win hearts and minds. Just look at the easy ride Spurs get because of Saint Harry et al.
Maybe Pep can do a job with Grealish? There's certainly a lot of talent to direct. Chillwell would be a solid addition.
Having said that, after seeing Sarr's performance, it's a no brainer as long as his attitude is correct. We do lack blistering pace as Sane's absence has hilighted.

If Cancelo goes we need a backup, maybe Aarons for a cut price when Norwich get relegated? Top talent and homegrown

Either bring back someone like Frimpong or promote within the club - either the academy or one of the lads we have out on loan.

Walker is never going to get dropped in this side because he's so vital to the way we play. There's no point us going out and buying another RB that will expect to play 30+ meaningful games a season (i.e not league/fa cup fixtures), because it's not going to happen with Walker ahead of them.

We made that mistake with Danilo when we should have just promoted Maffeo and we did it again with Cancelo when we should have just promoted Frimpong. We don't need a £60m back up to play against Port Vale in the league cup and it would be the same with someone like Aaron's who will have a few suitors in the summer and will be commanding a relatively high fee, regardless of Norwich's position.

No one is displacing Walker as our first choice, so have someone in the sign that's happy to be a backup and called upon for 20-25 games a season when required and avoid the selection headache that it causes.

We've signed Yan Couto who'll join us in the summer when he's 18. If his Visa situation isn't an issue, perhaps he's an option for us if he's as good as the reports suggest? We also have another highly rated RB in Pedro Porro on loan to Real Valladolid, who's a bit older at 20 and has more first team experience - we don't we give him a fair crack of the whip?

Either bring back someone like Frimpong or promote within the club - either the academy or one of the lads we have out on loan.

Walker is never going to get dropped in this side because he's so vital to the way we play. There's no point us going out and buying another RB that will expect to play 30+ meaningful games a season (i.e not league/fa cup fixtures), because it's not going to happen with Walker ahead of them.

We made that mistake with Danilo when we should have just promoted Maffeo and we did it again with Cancelo when we should have just promoted Frimpong. We don't need a £60m back up to play against Port Vale in the league cup and it would be the same with someone like Aaron's who will have a few suitors in the summer and will be commanding a relatively high fee, regardless of Norwich's position.

No one is displacing Walker as our first choice, so have someone in the sign that's happy to be a backup and called upon for 20-25 games a season when required and avoid the selection headache that it causes.

We've signed Yan Couto who'll join us in the summer when he's 18. If his Visa situation isn't an issue, perhaps he's an option for us if he's as good as the reports suggest? We also have another highly rated RB in Pedro Porro on loan to Real Valladolid, who's a bit older at 20 and has more first team experience - we don't we give him a fair crack of the whip?

What if Walker would have had a long term injury? Would you trust Frimpong to play week in week out at the level required in one of Peps most demanding roles?

Upamecano, Boadu, Jonathan Tah. Altogether, if release clauses are to believed, could probably be done for around £100-110mil total. Promote Braaf and use Foden & Garcia more.

Sell Sane (hopefully get £70mil), Stones, Otamendi. Want Angelino to stay but may get £20mil for him

Sterling Aguero Mahrez
Bernardo KDB Rodri
Mendy Upamecano Laporte Walker
Ederson

Jesus Boadu Braaf
Gundogan Foden Fernandinho
Zinchenko Garcia Tah Cancelo
Steffan

That's 2 very good squads for not a huge amount of outlay.
I don't think Braaf has a future here. He seems to want away and got attitude/mentality issues which is the main reason he's not training with the first team. I'd replace Sané with someone like Sarr, Neres or Alphonso Davies. Maybe even Rashica who's got a low release clause

I'd also avoid Tah who seems to be way overrated by people who don't follow the bundesliga. There's a reason he's not been picked up by a better team than Leverkusen, even though every elite team seems to want a CB. He has stagnated badly and is very error prone. If Bournemouth were to get relegated I could see us picking up Aké for cheap. Homegrown, young and left footed. Perfect backup to Laporte.

Boadu and Upamecano are two players I want desperately in the summer.

Someone I think will leave is Cancelo. He can't be happy with his time here so far, he's probably the best attacking fullback in the world and has been left to rot on the bench. I could see us selling Cancelo and then buy Aarons from Norwich or Atal from Nice. Aarons is homegrown and Norwich will need to sell him now that they're getting relegated. Atal is definitely a better player than Aarons, but he's also older and not homegrown

In: Boadu, Upamecano, Sarr, Aké and Aarons

Out: Sané, Cancelo, Stones, Otamendi, Angelino

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.