Arsenal (h) - Confirmed next Wednesday 11th March 19:30

There’s never going to be a perfect time that’ll keep everyone happy.

On the face of it, we are trying to take the calculated gamble that getting the game out of the way at first opportunity will benefit us if we go through against Real Madrid, and considering we are 2-1 up then I agree with the club that’s it’s the correct decision.

There’s never going to be a perfect time that’ll keep everyone happy.

On the face of it, we are trying to take the calculated gamble that getting the game out of the way at first opportunity will benefit us if we go through against Real Madrid, and considering we are 2-1 up then I agree with the club that’s it’s the correct decision.

Exactly!

Not ideal but better than having to play four games in a week which is on the cards later in the season if we don't play next week.

If we get past Sheffield Wednesday we would have to play Newcastle at some point (April 21/22 presumably), and if we then get to the semis we would have to play Chelsea at some point too (May 12/13). There is no other space in the calendar.

This is all before there is an inevitable outbreak of Coronavirus, which could see games postponed or played behind closed doors. I'd rather see us play Arsenal at short notice than have to watch it on tv because I can't get in the ground.

Not ideal but better than having to play four games in a week which is on the cards later in the season if we don't play next week.

If we get past Sheffield Wednesday we would have to play Newcastle at some point (April 21/22 presumably), and if we then get to the semis we would have to play Chelsea at some point too (May 12/13). There is no other space in the calendar.

This is all before there is an inevitable outbreak of Coronavirus, which could see games postponed or played behind closed doors. I'd rather see us play Arsenal at short notice than have to watch it on tv because I can't get in the ground.
There could be up to three matches to rearrange (Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle). I think that there are now five blank midweek slots available including a week on Wednesday.

We would be stupid not to push for this. A Pile up is on the cards if things go our way in cup competitions, the league is nothing more than an obligation right now. there’s a free week, it would be stupid not to try and get it played then. Admittedly it’s not great for the fans, especially the away fans but there’s not going to be a good time to play it anyway. Get it done.

There could be up to three matches to rearrange (Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle). I think that there are now five blank midweek slots available including a week on Wednesday.
They're only blank if we're not playing in the Champions League. Not sure if you're including the international break in your count of 5 too.

If we get to the semis of the Champions League there are only 2 available midweeks (if we don't play next week), and we could potentially have to rearrange 3 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.