Earliest City match attended by a forum member

August 14th 1971...was given a free entry for Charity Collecting outside prior to the game! Played Leeds and got beat, hey ho...five generations of our lot have followed the Blues...wouldn't have missed any of it, can't believe how far we've travelled, my grandad just wouldn't believe it!

March 7 1949.sheff we'd.reserves with my dad.started going regular 1950/51.wembley 1956.beat the reds three times that year..bless em all.bless em all .Bert trautman.dave Ewing.roy paul.bless Roy little who blocks out the wing bless jack jack dysonthe penalty king.and with Leivers and spurdle so tall and Johnstone the princeof them all.three cheers for the light blues there always the right blues .come on the lads

Think I went to Burnley away as my first away game with big brother by coach. I’d be 12/13.
Went to Aberdeen for a pre season friendly when I was 13/14.
Also did Juventus away 1976 when I was 15. Still have ferry ticket, match ticket and various bus tickets

I had no idea he was with us that long ago. I remember watching him when I was a nipper and I wasn't even born in 62.
He was only 15 when he played that evening also started at centre forward,played in lots of different positions in his early days then found his true spot number 3 left back.

My first was certainly not the earliest on here but quite interesting. 2nd May 1960 to see Burnley win the league with a crowd of 65,981. Burnley won 2-1 and won the league by 1 point.

I was on the KIppax for that, but my first was a '55 game v Blackpool and we won, 2-0. My City viewing is suitably bookended - Blackpool '55 and Villa '20!

Beat me to it...

... pretty sure the first half was the quietest half of football City ever played.

No wonder they never scheduled any more games at 11:15AM on a Sunday.

Pretty sure there was an 11-00ko v Chelsea around 86ish that was a Saturday

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.