Earliest City match attended by a forum member

Spurs at mine road quarters of fa Cup lost 4.2 nayim hatrick phelan scored a length of pitch effort someone run on pitch and ripped season ticket up haha

I think it was more like four hundred plus people and the last thing on their mind was season tickets

Earliest I remember is 1969 home Derby with Grandad who had started his supporting at Hyde Road

My first game was a 2-2 draw with Forest in 1972. But I did meet a random old fella on a train back from Millwall in 1988 who’d been at the 1934 game against Stoke. He told me they were fighting to get out of the Kippax because it was that packed.

15 September 1962 v the scum at the toilet. We won 3-2
My first derby game at OT. Alex Harley scored the winner right at the death, breaking away to score with what seemed like the whole Red Filth squad chasing after him.. when he planted it in the net The Old Man shouted at me ‘Look at Bert!’ as Trautmann did forward rolls in celebration on the edge of the box! Walking back to Hulme that day was like floating on air!

Said on here elsewhere, my first game at Maine Road was three years earlier, September 1959. We put four past then champions Wolves but they replied with six into Bert’s net! I was introduced to ‘Typical City’ from the off..! And by the way, whenever I bore on with the kids/nephews/nieces and so on about that first game, they often respond ‘What? Wolves have been champions?!’ Modern life, eh? Sometimes it’s rubbish..

29th April 1959. City 3 Leicester 1. Joe Hayes equalised, and Billy McAdams & Ray Sambrook scored the others. Last game of the season and City had to win to stay in the old Div 1. A night I'll never forget - as a young lad the sheer size of Maine Road under the lights was something else and the crowd was deafening. A road map for my life was written that night. I was hooked.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.