Sheff Wed (A) - FA Cup R5 - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the story with Wednesday facing a points deduction? What have they done. I’ve got a soft spot for them, probably since the away game in 84 or some time round then when we lost out in the four horse race for promotion. I remember us joyfully singing “we’re staying down, your not”.
Something about selling the ground to their owner but backdating the sale by 12 months so they didn't fall foul of what I assume was championship FFP.

Going to be a weakened side with the Rags on Sunday.

Foden has to start this one after his performance on Sunday, would love to see Tommy Booth and Harwood Bellis as well.

Sane on the bench???

---------------------------Bravo-------------------------
Cancelo----------Otto---------Garcia----------Zinch
--------------------------Rodri---------------------------
-----------Bernardo--------------KDB------------------
Mahrez-----------------Jesus------------------Foden

Foden has to start this one after his performance on Sunday, would love to see Tommy Booth and Harwood Bellis as well.

Sane on the bench???

Tommy Booth classic :)

Sane on the bench???

According to Pep - Monsieur Sané is not near ready yet. Needs some weeks. Or in his real words „he gonna leave anyway why should I play him“

Last edited:

Sane on the bench???

I remember his semi final goal at Cilla park , good old Tommy

I just had a look on Sheffield Weds forum and apparently they've only sold 11k home tickets for this game, some kinda boycott going on, fans not happy with the board/manager etc.

It's gonna look pretty shit on tv if that's the case, I thought hillsborough would have been rocking with us coming to town.

I've got a ticket for the match and I'm half looking forward to it, half dreading it. I was hoping for a packed Hillsborough and a great atmosphere but the past couple of months have put paid to that. We have seen some dire football recently. It was so bad on Saturday, I felt like crying. Almost half the crowd had gone by half time. There is a lot of discontent about the way the club is run. Most of this stems from the fact that we are facing a charge and very possibly a huge points deduction, which could result in relegation. The rest is that the football is dire and we are having to pay huge prices to watch it!

The atmosphere is dead at Hillsborough at the moment. The crowd keep trying to lift the players but ultimately they produce the utter dross we saw on Saturday and everyone loses interest. I've heard season ticket sales have dropped from over 20,000 to around 11,000.

I'm hoping for a miracle tomorrow night. I don't expect us to win. I just want us to put in a battling performance and not roll over and give in like we have so many times recently.

I've got a ticket for the match and I'm half looking forward to it, half dreading it. I was hoping for a packed Hillsborough and a great atmosphere but the past couple of months have put paid to that. We have seen some dire football recently. It was so bad on Saturday, I felt like crying. Almost half the crowd had gone by half time. There is a lot of discontent about the way the club is run. Most of this stems from the fact that we are facing a charge and very possibly a huge points deduction, which could result in relegation. The rest is that the football is dire and we are having to pay huge prices to watch it!

The atmosphere is dead at Hillsborough at the moment. The crowd keep trying to lift the players but ultimately they produce the utter dross we saw on Saturday and everyone loses interest. I've heard season ticket sales have dropped from over 20,000 to around 11,000.

I'm hoping for a miracle tomorrow night. I don't expect us to win. I just want us to put in a battling performance and not roll over and give in like we have so many times recently.
Iv got a lot of time for Sheff Weds, so I'm sorry to hear this mate, your one of the clubs in Yorkshire City fans truly respect so I hope you don't go down.

As for tomorrow nite, it's hopefully a good game, you guys see a battling performance and City win 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.