Sheff Wed (A) - FA Cup R5 - Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a ticket for the match and I'm half looking forward to it, half dreading it. I was hoping for a packed Hillsborough and a great atmosphere but the past couple of months have put paid to that. We have seen some dire football recently. It was so bad on Saturday, I felt like crying. Almost half the crowd had gone by half time. There is a lot of discontent about the way the club is run. Most of this stems from the fact that we are facing a charge and very possibly a huge points deduction, which could result in relegation. The rest is that the football is dire and we are having to pay huge prices to watch it!

The atmosphere is dead at Hillsborough at the moment. The crowd keep trying to lift the players but ultimately they produce the utter dross we saw on Saturday and everyone loses interest. I've heard season ticket sales have dropped from over 20,000 to around 11,000.

I'm hoping for a miracle tomorrow night. I don't expect us to win. I just want us to put in a battling performance and not roll over and give in like we have so many times recently.
Think it will be tight tomorrow mate, not expecting a lot of goals from City. What do you think the attendance will be, 25'000?

I've got a ticket for the match and I'm half looking forward to it, half dreading it. I was hoping for a packed Hillsborough and a great atmosphere but the past couple of months have put paid to that. We have seen some dire football recently. It was so bad on Saturday, I felt like crying. Almost half the crowd had gone by half time. There is a lot of discontent about the way the club is run. Most of this stems from the fact that we are facing a charge and very possibly a huge points deduction, which could result in relegation. The rest is that the football is dire and we are having to pay huge prices to watch it!

The atmosphere is dead at Hillsborough at the moment. The crowd keep trying to lift the players but ultimately they produce the utter dross we saw on Saturday and everyone loses interest. I've heard season ticket sales have dropped from over 20,000 to around 11,000.

I'm hoping for a miracle tomorrow night. I don't expect us to win. I just want us to put in a battling performance and not roll over and give in like we have so many times recently.
Very sad what’s happened to a great club like Wednesday

Each to their own, I think if we get knocked out of the UCL before the Semis again, miss out on FA Cup semis and finish below 80 points it will certainly be a disappointing season.
I don’t think we can say that not reaching a certain round in a certain cup is disappointing as there are so many variables to take into account. If we manage to get past Madrid but then lose an epic QF to say Barca or Bayern thanks to a dodgy decision then I don’t regard that as disappointing. Conversely if we beat sheff w and Newcastle to reach the FA Cup semi but then lose again to the rags then that’s hugely disappointing

On balance I’d agree with you that failing to amass 80 points would be a failure of sorts given the talent at our disposal but even 90 points wouldn’t have been enough to win it this season so I’m happy enough with 2nd

I am looking forward to this match between two proper football clubs. I will watch it on the telly.

Pep Guardiola: “It can be good for people to judge on the titles we win, of course that is important. That barometer is the most important thing but for the manager it is not the only one. I see if players were better than last season..."

"...the way we play, how we react in bad moments. How we handled it as a team, how the new players settle, there are many things not just 'winning the title is good, not winning the title is bad'..."

Arriving in the final stages of competitions, fighting in the league until the last moment but losing it all, is that a bad season? I don't think so. The personality and bravery to play, that’s where I want to be..."

"Whether it is success or not success, there are some seasons you don't win a title and for the manager and players it was an exceptional season for how the team improved and rises.”

Pep Guardiola on the future of @C1audioBravo: “We are thinking what is the best for him. When we have a problem with the first, the second one has to be a top keeper. We are talking internally and the player will know. We haven’t taken a decision already.”

Pep Guardiola: “From my experience when you play against Madrid it is so demanding physically. Then you have a final three or four days later. All players who played against Madrid could've played against Villa; I needed fresh - not just legs but mentally..."

"I need them wanting to show me they should have played against Madrid, they want to show how good they are. If they follow me it’s not a problem, if they don’t, they have a problem - their problem, not mine. After, there is no more I can do.”

Bought mine this afternoon, but not in my usual seat. As I'm moving stands next season at least tomorrow gives me the opportunity of a recon mission to see where I want to try to get a seat. Similar to you I'm dreading/looking forward to it.

Taking my Wednesday hat off I'm quite looking forward to watching City play especially things like movement off the ball etc. I love my club to bits but I am also a football fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.