Carabao Cup Final Post-Match Thread

As British Rail used to sat "Let the train take the strain". Fuck that driving 200 miles back from London in the dark.
I left Piccadilly at 11.55 am ,had 2 seats to myself,so had a half hour snooze and got into Euston at 14.10. Bit of a stroll down to Russell Square and ate my barms(not f**kin muffins)in the park.
On the Tube at 3.15pm and at Wembley for 3.45pm.
Return journey I was back at Euston for 7.30pm,bought a couple of sarnies and a bottle of Lucozade for £7(robbing twats).
Hung about for an hour. Train out of Euston at 8.39pm with 2 seats to myself again. Back in Piccadilly at 10.55pm and home for 11.15pm. Fresh as daisy and had a bottle of red vino to celebrate our fine victory.
The only problem I encountered all day was my phone went battery went dead halfway home so I could not enjoy the posts on Bluemoon until I got home.
All for £55 return.
Oh and I nearly forgot but Euston provide a water tap to refill to top up your empty bottle,and it actually counts how many plastic bottles have been saved from polluting the environment.
I'm sure that Greta would have given me a quick nosh now that she knows that I am a City eco-warrior.
You fucked the post up when you wrote Barm not F**kin Muffins

As British Rail used to sat "Let the train take the strain". Fuck that driving 200 miles back from London in the dark.
I left Piccadilly at 11.55 am ,had 2 seats to myself,so had a half hour snooze and got into Euston at 14.10. Bit of a stroll down to Russell Square and ate my barms(not f**kin muffins)in the park.
On the Tube at 3.15pm and at Wembley for 3.45pm.
Return journey I was back at Euston for 7.30pm,bought a couple of sarnies and a bottle of Lucozade for £7(robbing twats).
Hung about for an hour. Train out of Euston at 8.35pm with 2 seats to myself again. Back in Piccadilly at 10.55pm and home for 11.15pm. Fresh as daisy and had a bottle of red vino to celebrate our fine victory.
The only problem I encountered all day was my phone went battery went dead halfway home so I could not enjoy the posts on Bluemoon until I got home.
All for £55 return.
Oh and I nearly forgot but Euston provide a water tap to refill to top up your empty bottle,and it actually counts how many plastic bottles have been saved from polluting the environment.
I'm sure that Greta would have given me a quick nosh now that she knows that I am a City eco-warrior.
Train is by far the easiest and more relaxing way , do it every time , did a coach once and it was a nightmare

Villa have just announce a loss of £111m for the last accounting period. Mmmmm. Buying promotion by any chance?

Does that mean if the buggers go down they get hammered by championship fair play or does that only apply to clubs that gamble and don't get promoted?

Last edited:
Just watching Cheesy's vlog from last night's game. Interesting to hear that lady, about 4 minutes into the video, talking about the attitude of the Villa fans on sunday. Talking about the disdain and the venom of the Villa fans. She's right.
I always thought that Sylvan did a sound job as a centre back for both City and Everton as well.
Seriously though if any Villa fan held me in disdain,I would just think about them talking in that stupid Brummie accent and laugh my bollocks off at them.
How can you take anybody seriously when they have the worst accent in the whole of the UK.Wankers .

I remember when we played united in 2011 and it was such a big event; inflatables, chants....and the poznan. United fans just stood there.

Fast forward 8 years and numerous trips to Wembley and the shine has definitely been taken off the occasion.

For Villa on Sunday read city in 2011.

Everyone is different, as an old git I treat every city cup final as my last, so I really enjoy it.
My first was the Lecester cup final as an 8 year old. My dad lost me on Carnaby street on the Sunday. Luckily a copper found me. We camped in his van on one of the quiet squares. I remember it so vividly.
One day a cup final will be your last also, for whatever reason.
Dont take it for granted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.