UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual quotes added I am pretty sure even our shite press can actually misquote.

The fucker said its a concrete case before the case even started and now says he knows nothing and hasn't seen anything about the case. he's a fucking lying twat like the rest of them,
Because if he admits that he was involved at that stage the CAS hearing would last 2 mins process has to be independent.

Actual quotes added I am pretty sure even our shite press can actually misquote.

The fucker said its a concrete case before the case even started and now says he knows nothing and hasn't seen anything about the case. he's a fucking lying twat like the rest of them,

It is a quote and our media jumped all over it. But in many European languages translating specific to English is often mistakenly said as concrete.

Quote from CAS was "The appeal is directed against the decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) dated 14 February 2020 in which Manchester City was deemed to have contravened UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations and sanctioned with exclusion from the next two seasons of UEFA club competitions for which the club would qualify and ordered to pay a fine of EUR 30 million."

The line can be read as "exclusion from season 2020/21 and 2021/22 of whichever competition (Europa League or Champions League or A.N.Other competition which might yet be dreamed up) that city qualifies for"
so in my opinion there is no contradiction with the line "The Adjudicatory Chamber has imposed disciplinary measures on Manchester City Football Club directing that it shall be excluded from participation in UEFA club competitions in the next two seasons (ie. the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons) and pay a fine of € 30 million." from the UEFA press release

I thought the UEFA chief added a rider that we are banned for 2 years 'for which we qualify'?

The CFCB Statement from UEFA website clearly states the season which the ban is effective This is definitive regardless of what CAS have said

UEFA takes note of the decision of the independent Adjudicatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), issued today, which included the following summary of its content and effect to be announced as required by the Procedural Rules governing the CFCB:

“Following a hearing held on 22 January 2020 the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), chaired by José da Cunha Rodrigues, has today notified Manchester City Football Club of the final decision on the case which was referred by the CFCB Chief Investigator.

The Adjudicatory Chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016.

The Adjudicatory Chamber has also found that in breach of the regulations the Club failed to cooperate in the investigation of this case by the CFCB.

The Adjudicatory Chamber has imposed disciplinary measures on Manchester City Football Club directing that it shall be excluded from participation in UEFA club competitions in the next two seasons (ie. the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons) and pay a fine of € 30 million.

The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber is subject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). If Manchester City Football Club exercises that right the full reasoned decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber will not be published prior to publication of the final award by the CAS.”

As noted by the Adjudicatory Chamber, the club has the right to appeal this decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Therefore, UEFA will not be commenting further on this decision at this stage.

The CFCB Statement from UEFA website clearly states the season which the ban is effective This is definitive regardless of what CAS have said

UEFA takes note of the decision of the independent Adjudicatory Chamber of the Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), issued today, which included the following summary of its content and effect to be announced as required by the Procedural Rules governing the CFCB:

“Following a hearing held on 22 January 2020 the Adjudicatory Chamber of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB), chaired by José da Cunha Rodrigues, has today notified Manchester City Football Club of the final decision on the case which was referred by the CFCB Chief Investigator.

The Adjudicatory Chamber, having considered all the evidence, has found that Manchester City Football Club committed serious breaches of the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations by overstating its sponsorship revenue in its accounts and in the break-even information submitted to UEFA between 2012 and 2016.

The Adjudicatory Chamber has also found that in breach of the regulations the Club failed to cooperate in the investigation of this case by the CFCB.

The Adjudicatory Chamber has imposed disciplinary measures on Manchester City Football Club directing that it shall be excluded from participation in UEFA club competitions in the next two seasons (ie. the 2020/21 and 2021/22 seasons) and pay a fine of € 30 million.

The decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber is subject to appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS). If Manchester City Football Club exercises that right the full reasoned decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber will not be published prior to publication of the final award by the CAS.”

As noted by the Adjudicatory Chamber, the club has the right to appeal this decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport. Therefore, UEFA will not be commenting further on this decision at this stage.
And because someone will ask:-

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2638659.html

And they definitely use i.e. NOT e.g. as the two have different meanings.

Of course they could always change the dates to suit being UEFA and all.

It is a quote and our media jumped all over it. But in many European languages translating specific to English is often mistakenly said as concrete.

He speaks English, better English than me, so I am not buying that mistranslated bullshit.

Specific in Slovenian is specifična Concrete is Beton, in french Uefa's other official language its spécifique and béton, Italian which he also speaks specifico & calcestruzzo, serbian is специфичне and concrete is бетон

He might be a clever bastard that speaks 5 languages but hes a lying clever bastard for me.

Because if he admits that he was involved at that stage the CAS hearing would last 2 mins process has to be independent.

^ This is correct. There may be some awkward questions at CAS for UEFA if as rumoured Ceferin was trying to broker a compromise When he publicly attended a number of our Group UCL matches. How could he be in a position to discuss a compromise if he didn’t know what was going on? Crooks and fraudsters everywhere you look at UEFA.

He speaks English, better English than me, so I am not buying that mistranslated bullshit.

Specific in Slovenian is specifična Concrete is Beton, in french Uefa's other official language its spécifique and béton, Italian which he also speaks specifico & calcestruzzo, serbian is специфичне and concrete is бетон

He might be a clever bastard that speaks 5 languages but hes a lying clever bastard for me.
There is nothing to be gained by analysing every word he says and then wondering about translations.

That Conn dude seems to despise your club with a passion. Why relate the City Cup victory with the money invested ? Real Madrid didn't win all their trophies because they were poor. The Great Milan of Berlusconi fall into the abyss after his cashflow stopped being funneled into the club. Those journos are acting as if most of the most successful clubs are not the most powerful ones on the economic side. They are either hypocritical or ignorant about this sport. And both are terrible for a journalist.

Ah but these are 'tradition-rich' clubs...

in serbian, specific is concrete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.