Earliest City match attended by a forum member

October 31st 1959. City 1 Spurs 2. Scoreboard end. 1 shilling and 6 pence. Then the cost of a pint! 7.5p

I can end this thread here and now, so no further speculation is of any use.

I was taken to see City's first home League match when the Football League resumed in 1946. City 3 Bury 1 at Maine Road. September 4th, if I remember correctly.

I was quite small at the time, I hasten to add. It was a damp gloomy day, early evening kick-off.

Beat that, youngsters. Still going strong.

Wow. Runaway leader here. Do you mind me asking how old you were/are?

I don't know as I think I'm too young to remember my first.

The first I remember was beating Everton 5-0 in 2000, I'd fractured my foot a few days before so ended up sitting in a wheelchair at the bottom of the Kippax with my mum, whilst the rest of the family sat in the North Stand. 'You should have gone Christmas robbing' going around the ground.

Anyone got any pictures from that day, might be able to spot myself?

Nobody will beat Swifty.

But for the record March 1976
City 3-2 Wolves
I think City were two down in that game, long time ago though jeez!

30th August, 1969. Burnley (a)D1-1 (Ian Bowyer). Seems Stan Bowles played too and Jimmy Mundy was an unused sub. I remember their blond-haired goalie (Peter Mellor) and Franny telling me to f*ck off when asking for an autograph afterwards. Joe Mercer was lovely though and said he loved the Lake District when my mum mentioned where we were from.

We were visiting friends for a week in Rawtenstall. They lived on a farm and their farmhand took me to see a neighbouring maggot farm of all things! Was horrified and have had a phobia about maggots ever since. Thanks mate.

Oh, first home game. 9th October, 1971. Everton W1-0 (Lee pen.) School trip I recall. PE teacher was a City fan.

1880 we were St Marks then and it was a local derby against Newton Heath. it was 6-1 but it should have been 10.

"Tell the kids that these days and they don't believe you" :-)

Have to get my dad to join up, he went as a 5 year old in 1938. Still going and loving it. My first City game was as a 5 year old. Pre-season tournament at Ibrox. 2nd August 1976, drew 1 all with Southampton and beat Partick Thistle 4-1 the next day. First league game was Villa at home later that month, won 2-0.

Can't beat Swifty but my Dad took me to my first game at Maine Road in 1955/56. Can't be entirely sure but I think I have had a season ticket since 1957. My favourite player at the time was Joe Hayes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.