City Football Group in negotiations to buy Ligue 2 side

Surely can't own two clubs in the same league, you'd think Toulouse has the bigger reach.
But AS Nancy in the second division so there is less restrictions with the FFP rules so they can pump larger amounts of money than in Toulouse.

Have you heard of Leicester city breach of FFp rules 2014 when they were in the Championship? No probably not but you all remember them winning the league the following season.

Have heard of Manchester city FFp rule breach? Yes you have. Because they are a team that play in top league.

Nice move. Never a bad idea to send some young players in Ligue 1 (soon).

But AS Nancy in the second division so there is less restrictions with the FFP rules so they can pump larger amounts of money than in Toulouse.

Have you heard of Leicester city breach of FFp rules 2014 when they were in the Championship? No probably not but you all remember them winning the league the following season.

Have heard of Manchester city FFp rule breach? Yes you have. Because they are a team that play in top league.

I have actually.

Besides, judging by all the other clubs we have we'll invest about £10.50 in the squad and they'll get relegated.

Going to get a ton of backlash for this but this is the one thing the club/CFG does that I don't agree with. It's served us well financially and has resulted in a huge valuation for the CFG but I personally find it bizarre we can own so many clubs globally and essentially use them as feeder teams. Makes more sense to buy local Manchester sports i.e. Manchester Storm, Manchester Giants and put them into the City Group.

I can't complain because it all makes City more competitive, but can't say I'd feel it was fair if the shoe was on the other foot.

Going to get a ton of backlash for this but this is the one thing the club/CFG does that I don't agree with. It's served us well financially and has resulted in a huge valuation for the CFG but I personally find it bizarre we can own so many clubs globally and essentially use them as feeder teams. Makes more sense to buy local Manchester sports i.e. Manchester Storm, Manchester Giants and put them into the City Group.

I can't complain because it all makes City more competitive, but can't say I'd feel it was fair if the shoe was on the other foot.

we don't really though. Apart from Mooy, perhaps Harrison and the bizarre nature of Diskerud the entire group relationship has been entirely non-descript. They certainly feed City very little and they utilisation is very limited from City's perspective.

we don't really though. Apart from Mooy, perhaps Harrison and the bizarre nature of Diskerud the entire group relationship has been entirely non-descript. They certainly feed City very little and they utilisation is very limited from City's perspective.
True, we don't use it as much as we could, but it's the concept I disagree with.

I think FFP is wrong and corrupt and designed to keep the big boys in power, especially with the changes to the Prem, Champions League/European Cup & the proposal of a European Super League, but if we had a club like United, Liverpool, Madrid, Munich etc who not only dominated their leagues, could give pretty much their entire youth team exposure to First Team football without having to risk playing them in the league or cups, and then take them back for a pittance, I'd be fuming.

Again, keep on anything that helps the club, but don't think it should be allowed.

I think that's a misunderstanding of the future of CFG.
City is the jewel in the crown, but in the long term the aim is to create a global sports and entertainment group. While City benefits from being part of the group, the structure is designed to create synergies which help all members. Thus the Silverlake investment will be used to build a proper stadium for NYC and to develop digital services across all brands. Oak View will be looking for opportunities for arenas.
CITY will always be of importance to the group but, gradually, other parts will grow. Massive (!) potential in China and India.
Ultimately, the group's the thing, not just City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.