Sheffield Wednesday (A) - FA Cup R5 Post-Match Thread

Tough game considering the tactics of Wednesday but a good win. We have a great chance of retaining FA Cup and it would be successful season for me if we do a cup double and finish second.

The bbc coverage was absolutely bizarre. Never seen anything like it. The cameraman must have been bored. Drone shots of urban Sheffield, pictures of loveable Yorkshire urchins wiping the soot from their brows, packhorses winding their weary way home up the weed strewn terraces. Jovial locals, pork sandwich in mit, waving at the camera. Anybloodything other than the sodding football. Mind you......
At least there were no Martin Tyler-type comments and no repeated recitals of all City's perceived faults.
The fans had a good choir practice ready for the rags match on Sunday loud and clear. Less obvious in the second half. Did the fans sing less or was the volume turned down once the director read his script?

Congratulations. Good luck for the rest of the season. We were relieved for it only being 1-0, not the drubbing we expected. I know we didn't put up much of a fight but we've shipped in 11 goals in our last 4 games and confidence is rock bottom so I guess we just wanted to be solid defensively.

On another note, I really enjoyed the atmosphere last night. It made a pleasant change to hear our fans singing and cheering. For the past couple of months it's been like a morgue... And very toxic. It was nice to have a break from that.

Hope it's not too long before we play you again. All the best.

The bbc coverage was absolutely bizarre. Never seen anything like it. The cameraman must have been bored. Drone shots of urban Sheffield, pictures of loveable Yorkshire urchins wiping the soot from their brows, packhorses winding their weary way home up the weed strewn terraces. Jovial locals, pork sandwich in mit, waving at the camera. Anybloodything other than the sodding football. Mind you......
That you Morrissey?

I wouldn’t mind but I thought there was a break in play or a streaker at one point. Goes back to the game and Rodri was on the floor and we had a free kick.

We won which is what matters but it was a bit of a let off really. Can’t complain though, it was always going to be difficult getting motivated for this one after the past two games and the one coming up

How was it a let off? they had a shot that was 4 yards wide early on a cross that no one got the end of off, that's hardly a let off is it?

Spot on. It’s a bugbear of mine just how much of the game is missed these days due to cvntish directors pissing about but today really took the biscuit. Random shots of the crowd including one bizarre occasion when the camera lingered just long enough to see their fans make two fingered gestures, irrelevant shots from the blimp, ridiculous shots from behind a tree at one corner of the ground etc etc. Absolute fucking disgrace,
Exactly, the BBC have to get their " people's Cup" nonsense in, radom shots of Fancy dress fatties and kids with toothless smiles and bobble hats, the match itself is irrelevant.

Not to mention the sweeping panoramic vista of Sainsburys.

Good win, top away end, stewards , police really friendly and welcoming, Wednesday fans did their best and reminded me of our past, on the pitch the team / Pep worked hard and as always were respectful to cup / opposition. Impressed with Jesus workrate especially in defence and most importantly cracking pork and stuffing muffin pre match with curry and proper chinese chippy sauce after, marvelous

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.