Sheffield Wednesday (A) - FA Cup R5 Post-Match Thread

It’s a tradition. Back in the 70’s MOTD, in one of their occasional dips into the lower divisions, featured a Bradford City game. As was the norm, Grandstand carried out their half time round up that afternoon from Valley Parade. The views from Valley Parade were never better than “grim up north” and the cameraman spent the entire segment in a slow panoramic sweep of all the derelict mills. All that was missing was a caption saying “have you seen this?” It caused a hell of a fuss at the time, complaints to the BBC from the council, MPs etc.

Hang on. Bradford is grim, isn't it? (I'll admit I've never visited it — there's only so many things you can do in life…)

Congratulations. Good luck for the rest of the season. We were relieved for it only being 1-0, not the drubbing we expected. I know we didn't put up much of a fight but we've shipped in 11 goals in our last 4 games and confidence is rock bottom so I guess we just wanted to be solid defensively.

On another note, I really enjoyed the atmosphere last night. It made a pleasant change to hear our fans singing and cheering. For the past couple of months it's been like a morgue... And very toxic. It was nice to have a break from that.

Hope it's not too long before we play you again. All the best.

I enjoyed my first visit to Sheff W for more than 20 years. I thought your team were really organised and the big CB played really well, as did the keeper apart from the goal. The atmosphere was decent and some good banter between the fans. Good luck going forward and hope to see you in premier league again in the future.

The bbc coverage was absolutely bizarre. Never seen anything like it. The cameraman must have been bored. Drone shots of urban Sheffield, pictures of loveable Yorkshire urchins wiping the soot from their brows, packhorses winding their weary way home up the weed strewn terraces. Jovial locals, pork sandwich in mit, waving at the camera. Anybloodything other than the sodding football. Mind you......

I'm not actually sure that The Full Monty did any favours for Sheffield's general image.

On a good note got back to Warrington quicker than when we play at home :)

Totally correct pal ..cameras were very poor...ended up throwing my inflatable globe at the tele numerous of times

I agree. Never seen such bad camera work. Absolutely shite coverage of a football match. Stadium/fans/managers/streets are of no interest when the game is in progress.
I think the camera crew must have been out on the lash all afternoon.

It’s a tradition. Back in the 70’s MOTD, in one of their occasional dips into the lower divisions, featured a Bradford City game. As was the norm, Grandstand carried out their half time round up that afternoon from Valley Parade. The views from Valley Parade were never better than “grim up north” and the cameraman spent the entire segment in a slow panoramic sweep of all the derelict mills. All that was missing was a caption saying “have you seen this?” It caused a hell of a fuss at the time, complaints to the BBC from the council, MPs etc.

I wondered if there might be complaints about yesterday's coverage with all the aerial shots of the ground and the commentators droning on about its fine traditions and history. Because that's not the first thing you think of when you hear "Hillsborough", especially when its an FA Cup game being played.

Wednesday only had one plan last night and that was, keep it respectable, both managers happy then I reckon.
The only problem was that in achieving their aim, they robbed both sets of fans of 90 minutes of their lives.....!

Wins a win though and not far off another trip to Etihad South ....!

I wondered if there might be complaints about yesterday's coverage with all the aerial shots of the ground and the commentators droning on about its fine traditions and history. Because that's not the first thing you think of when you hear "Hillsborough", especially when its an FA Cup game being played.
Be Careful now ;) you will upset the dippers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.