FA Cup QF - Newcastle (A) - Sat 21 Mar 7pm

Given that there are only four games how long will it be before the TV companies announce who is playing on what day and at what stupid time? Surely they won't wait much longer than tomorrow? No doubt we will have the most inconvenient time although all away clubs have longish trips
Rags play in the tinpot trophy on the 19th so, if they beat Derby, they’ll definitely be playing on the Sunday. Chelsea play on the Wednesday before so shouldn’t be an early kick off on the Saturday.
Spuds playing Friday night at 7.45 so no FA Cup game that night. Dippers are playing Saturday 21st at 1730 so that’s not an option. No game at 1230 so that’s a possible.
There are no games scheduled for tv on the Sunday so there could well be 3 games that day with the other one on the Saturday lunchtime or Monday evening.

Well after they drew us in there cup final in the last game I think this is a bit or revenge now for us no messing about let’s go and beat these and get to Wembley again simple. Can’t complain it’s a good draw for me.

As well as Chelsea (A) being postponed on FA Cup QF weekend, I see the Newcastle (H) league game has been postponed on Cup semi-final weekend. After all one of us will be in the semi-final!

Geordies v us
Yes it's City at home
giphy.gif

Sky have dippers live at 5.30 so no chance of a 5.20 game on the Saturday. We were due to play at 12.30 on BT so surely that will be one slot.
Sky aren't screening the FA Cup so there is no conflict.

I would prefer the 12:30 slot but you can't rule anything out at this stage.

Sky aren't screening the FA Cup so there is no conflict.

I would prefer the 12:30 slot but you can't rule anything out at this stage.
I know there is no conflict but will the powers that be want to piss of Sky. No reason why the games can't kick off at the same time at say 12.30. Two were screened live on BBC the last couple of days so why can't they do the same for the quarters. Think of the fans for once and the distances to travel. We have circa 290 mile round trip, Chelsea around 220, Arsenal around 380 and Derby around 340

I know there is no conflict but will the powers that be want to piss of Sky.
As I understand it the Authorities have allowed the TV companies free reign on when matches are screened.

BT are hardly going to roll over in deferrence to Sky. Similarly Sky have started televising re-arranged matches in direct competition with BT Sport and the Champions League. For examle City v West Ham recently.

I presume that the FA Cup quarterfinals will be split between BT Sport and the BBC. That means there are more complications in screening matches. Who gets first pick on the ties and the slots?

In Scotland the SFA Cup matches are shared between Premier Sport and BBC. The former get the first choice and will select Celtic and Rangers matches (if they are still involved) leaving others to the BBC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.