Sheffield Wednesday (A) - FA Cup R5 Post-Match Thread

How was it a let off? they had a shot that was 4 yards wide early on a cross that no one got the end of off, that's hardly a let off is it?
We missed a lot of chances and we got pretty lucky with their goalkeeper messing up on the goal was my point.

Cherry pick a quote though and ignore the rest of my comment to cure your boredom

Does anyone know why seemingly random rows were netted off tonight? Is it to do with the concourse capacity or something? There must have been over 1000 seats with netting and no apparent reason. It had to be a safety issue.
Some was for restricted views by them huge posts to stop fans sitting in them or selling the tickets. Although we made them rip the sacking material off as it was trapping us in the row....the cops agreed that it was a stupid idea to trap fans in. He said the club should just take out the seats. Too sensible that idea.

Ones at the front to stop pitch invasions?

Maybe cos they ran out of pies too.

Others at the rear of the lower tier no idea.

Congratulations guys

Was always going to be a game of attack & defend, as I said to my lad far better teams than us have been taken to the cleaners by City. It felt like you had 14 men on the pitch at times

Positives for me were Wildsmith who's not played for the 1st team for 18 months, Iorfa and young Alex Hunt when he came on.

Good luck in the rest of the competition.

Cheers Bud - always liked Wednesday oand one of my favourite grounds to visit. Good little barbers round the back near the Leppings Labe End as well :)

Couldnt make it last night due to some twat changing my rota. None he less gave my ticket to my eldest,she loved it, first trip to Hillsborough last night and came back with nothing but praise far removed from the twats we encountered on Sunday. Anyway good luck for the rest of the seson, and hoping you get back in the Prem soon

Some was for restricted views by them huge posts to stop fans sitting in them or selling the tickets. Although we made them rip the sacking material off as it was trapping us in the row....the cops agreed that it was a stupid idea to trap fans in. He said the club should just take out the seats. Too sensible that idea.

Ones at the front to stop pitch invasions?

Maybe cos they ran out of pies too.

Others at the rear of the lower tier no idea.

Ones at the rear of the lower tier were two rows in front of the disabled end. Because their lower tier is shallow standing would block the view of those in the disabled section.

The way they kept taking views of stuff other than football I thought there was a fair chance they would go the whole hog and turn the coverage into a tour of Sheffield tramways. I found it quite bizarre.

Maybe it's in line with the modern "match day experience" where the football is only part of the deal instead of the whole deal.

The way they kept taking views of stuff other than football I thought there was a fair chance they would go the whole hog and turn the coverage into a tour of Sheffield tramways. I found it quite bizarre.

Maybe it's in line with the modern "match day experience" where the football is only part of the deal instead of the whole deal.

You're right, was surprised there wasn't a half time Lineker and Shearer egg and spoon race, to win a signed Martin Keown shirt.

Thought you of all people would know that song is a rags song! I can't believe any blue would sing it.

It's like the rags singing "United till I die".
Both used to sing it in 60s & 70s... but you’re right it’s associated more with the rags.

the kippAx song was excellent , kept our fans singing for ages, who gives a f... about Utd , keep it going creates a good atmosphere, sounded great on tv

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.