League cup loyalty points

So what do you suggest it's replaced with?

How about awarding points for away games.

Also recognizing that it takes much more effort (time, money, time off work using up holiday allocations etc.) the club could award double points for an away game.

If the club think that our core support are a bunch of spivs who just buy the tickets to earn points and have no interest in going to the games themselves, they could introduce a system in which a random number of fans have to collect their tickets from the away club's ticket office.

In short, to and spell it out for you, revert to the previous system, which had the advantage of being meritocratic, logical and sane, and keep Collect In Destination to deal with the club's suspicions about the integrity of the people who follow City home and away.

Also recognizing that it takes much more effort (time, money, time off work using up holiday allocations etc.) the club could award double points for an away game.

If the club think that our core support are a bunch of spivs who just buy the tickets to earn points and have no interest in going to the games themselves, they could introduce a system in which a random number of fans have to collect their tickets from the away club's ticket office.

In short, to and spell it out for you, revert to the previous system, which had the advantage of being meritocratic, logical and sane, and keep Collect In Destination to deal with the club's suspicions about the integrity of the people who follow City home and away.

The LC points have got me over the 24k mark which I'm happy with but it also made me feel sick that all those miles I travelled, family events missed, friendships gone stale, more money than I'm willing to think about so I could get myself in a position to go to any game will disappear.

The LC points have got me over the 24k mark which I'm happy with but it also made me feel sick that all those miles I travelled, family events missed, friendships gone stale, more money than I'm willing to think about so I could get myself in a position to go to any game will disappear.

Is it definitely going to disappear?

I mean have they decided on the form the point system will take next year and beyond?

Prefer points for home games personally.
They already were given for home games, and after some of the home attendances this season - its not quite had the desired effect of boosting home crowds.

I'm in favour of a rolling system, but no point in speculating on what surprise we have in store for next season yet. Lets wait and see what they come up with.

They already were given for home games, and after some of the home attendances this season - its not quite had the desired effect of boosting home crowds.

I'm in favour of a rolling system, but no point in speculating on what surprise we have in store for next season yet. Lets wait and see what they come up with.

I'm also in favour of a rolling system, it deals with the other legitimate weakness of the system as it existed until this year, i.e. younger fans find it difficult (but not impossible) to catch up.

The current 'solution' (the 18 to 25 preferential treatment) is nonsense.
When a fan hits his 26th birthday, the advantage he had for the previous 7 seasons disappears, and he is treated as badly as the rest of our away support.

I can’t say if I am unduly bothered by the away match points issue. I do favour a rolling points system.

I attend very few away matches although a fair number of those do go on general sale anyway.

I am just concerned with having enough points to get tickets for Wembley finals (many of which go to general sale) and European finals (should they arise?).

Agree, but a couple of people persuaded the club to do something different and nearly everyone lost out. Points were an incentive to attend games home or away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.