UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another possibility?

Bareda lied to PB about Cerefin attempting to broker a compromise?

I'm still aghast that a senior executive of ours would divulge any such info at a fan meeting.

Especially so, when we are accusing Uefa of leaking delicate info, no?

Something doesn't add up.

We obviously have precedent with Infantino, however.

I don't know, mate.

If it was just in confidence to PB, then I would argue PB would not have felt so emboldened to divulge on here?

Safety in numbers and all that?

Bareda is a very powerful figure at the club these days, which makes his admission even more perplexing.

Perhaps he was just trying to put a few minds at rest, but why go into such privileged info?

I'm not disputing PB account, only that this info sets the scene that Uefa and Cerefin are on the back foot?

It could be that Ceferin is genuinely caught in the middle, he may in fact not be privy to the details of the case but wants to broker a position that keeps a balance. As the head of UEFA he could have been seeking to find out whether City would accept a compromise and gain an understanding of what that would look like and he would have then gone to the IC/AC to see if they would cut a deal.

City however said in no uncertain terms that they will not agree another compromise. As Khaldoon said "we have taken a pinch", we aren't taking any more.

I have said it previously but one of the two parties has got this spectacularly wrong and will have serious egg on their faces at the end of this.

No, I think he came to see our execs to try and broker a deal, that we'd admit some guilt, and that the punishment would be "minimal", and we told them we'd been punished once and we'd fight, he didn't come to 2 totally innocuous games for nothing. He's from a country that wouldn't be allowed in the CL if some had their way, and I think he's firmly on the side of the smaller european clubs/countries, as he sees people like Agnelli as the enemy of fairness (see the other story today about how Atalanta shouldn't have been allowed in ahead of another 'istrry club Roma).

He fucking baptized Agnelli's child ffs

I’m sure a break away is being discussed but without UEFA / FIFA support players would need to sacrifice their international careers. I think the G14 are full of bull and bluster and whilst they may discuss the possibly of a European super league I’m not sure they have the balls to go ahead. They may do it but I’m not sure it would succeed - fans across Europe I honestly believe prefer long established domestic rivalries and traditions. Another point often overlooked is that these clubs may be badged together under the G14 banner they are hardly bosom buddies are they? United and Liverpool? Real and Barca ?
I agree but unfortunately at the moment the one thing they all have in common is that they see us as the enemy.
Seems like there is an awful lot of posturing going on from all sides at the moment and in all honestly I’m not sure anybody on either side could say with any amount of certainty just what is going to happen in the next few months.
I wouldn’t be banking on Cerefin though, he comes across as somebody who will tell people exactly what they want to hear to avoid making decisions that have to be made.... weak as piss I think they call it

Hmm, don't know what to think now. Omar backtracking? PB getting it wrong?

And this is why we also have to avoid an echo chamber in here, entertain the likelihood of false narratives, possible mistakes and misinformation?

Bareda is a very powerful individual at City, loose lips sink ships and all that.

He wasn't happy it had been twisted this way so I expect the city matters group will be feeling the pinch soon and have reduced access to the club hierarchy

Even this doesn't add up? (for me, anyhow!)

Bareda's claim to you was he merely suggesting Uefa were likely to hand us a deal, but the the club's stance all along has been 'irrefutable evidence' and no deal?

Maybe Omar should not say anything to anyone, that is sort of why we are in this situation in the first place.

That's a shame if City Matters are now blackballed.

I'm not sure how such an occasion arises where a person goes up to an executive at Wembley and flags up claims on a forum?

Last edited:
We won't be sacking anybody on the strength of a CAS outcome, there would be further litigation and appeals in play.

I don't think taking it to the Swiss courts on the back of cas defeat would be great certainly from a pr perspective we would get slaughtered to an extent that would make the last month look like refrained sanitised child's play. For me we have to get a decent outcome at CAS to take it further in terms of reputational damage.

TBF if the CAS dismissed the appeal with how bullish the club were then I'ld expect bollocks to be on the chopping block so would fully expect the subsequent increase in magnitude of shit if we then still didn't accept the outcome and took it further.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.